Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
cbud72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopes dashed once again. What a complete joke and mess the whole ICS update has become. Who really cares about Jellybean when they can't even get ICS out! And honestly did we really believe for a moment the Rezound would get anything ahead of the all glorified Razr!  I love my Rezound, have had it since it went on sale back in March, my husband just got the Razr last weekend and will have ICS in the next couple days, talk about frustrating,  but I am willing to wait a little longer. The Rezound is still the better phone!

davemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like my Rezound too, even w/o ICS.

0 Likes
mayasdad

<Comment deleted. Discussion of rooting and hacking of devices is not permitted per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rezoundrocks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree....the Rezound is the better phone.  Faster processor, better screen resolution, better sound quality.  Come on Verizon push the ota for ics out!!!  Make a lot of customers very happySmiley Happy

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

First, by far my Rezound has been the best Android phone that I have owned .  My gripe is with Verizon now. HTC's leaked version apparently works and looks like the final release. Ig appears that VZW is more concerned about marketing the new Incredible 4g and the upcoming SIII than taking care of existing customers.One could buy a new Rezound at a discounted online price versus them selling a new phone retail.  So, the existing loyal Rezound customers have to wait. VZW, if that isnt the motivation, you need transparent communications with your subscribers who have been forking out two to three hundred bucks a month for family plans for years.

DzNts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, looks like HTC is still maintaining that their job is done ... again:

HTC Rezound™ Software Upgrade Instructions | 06.20.2012

This software update (Software Number: 3.14.605.10 710RD; Baseband Version:1.22.10.0421r, 1.22.10.0424r) is now available for your HTC Rezound. It will update your device to the Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System (OS) and provide several enhancements, fixes and features, including:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-rezound-verizon/software-updates

And it's been pulled ... again. Message was edited by: DzNts

0 Likes
cbud72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I saw the update release docs too on HTC today and was so excited and then boom here we go again. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON WITH HTC & VERIZON. I will say it again as I did in my first post I have NEVER seen such lack of professionalism and out right incompetence in handling an issue as I have with this update. And it is so blatant!! I used to be a proud very loyal customer of Verizon, after all I do have five phones on account with them and have for well over ten years and I really love the Rezound except for the constant data dropping it does now that it never did before(VERIZON!). Such drama, could we please just get this over with. I am already sick of hearing all about Jelly Bean when one of the major phones for VERIZON that was supposedly made to have ICS out of the box nine months later is still on Gingerbread. Seriously!!

0 Likes
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Gee, the HTC Incredible 4G with ICS is out. Verizon is selling the Galaxy IIIS with ICS. I am assuming that they don't want to compete with themselves by selling the discounted Rezound with ICS rather than the new premium phones. Verizon could easily put this to rest with a statement to owners. Personally, I would have kept my Thunderbolt and waited for another ICS phone like the Maxx or Incredible had I known they would jerk their customers around.

0 Likes
cbud72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely agree, I would have held on to my Droid X and waited to use my upgrade on the GSlll or other phone that had ICS out of the box instead of dealing with this roller coaster. After having been with Verizon and having them ALWAYS make it right by us, I really believed the garbage of the marketing they had on the Rezound.  Lesson learned on this one, for sure!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

And in 6-9 months, you would start a thread about "why oh why doesn't the SGSIII have Jelly Bean yet?"

0 Likes