How do I change my default messaging app to be Go SMS Pro?
jill9578

Does Verizon disable the clear default button so that you cannot change your default messging app?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I change my default messaging app to be Go SMS Pro?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you go to text someone from your contact list, does give an option for selecting which application you want to use?

You have to set a default before the option to clear it is available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No they don't disable it.

Settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the default message app and select it.

Press the clear defaults button.

You do need to go into the default message app and turn off the notifications. The text messages will still come to both applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jill9578

The clear defaults button is not "active". It's not able to be pushed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you go to text someone from your contact list, does give an option for selecting which application you want to use?

You have to set a default before the option to clear it is available.

0 Likes
jill9578

I was able to select it as my default that way but I wanted it to work where when I push messages on my home screen, it opens to Go SMS but it doesn't. Smiley Sad It still opens to the regular messaging when I push messages from there. Ah, nevermind I think I figured it out. Had to hold down messages icon then tap a shortcut to assign the app. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The link on your home page is just a shortcut, all you have to do is remove it and add the link to Go SMS...  Open app tray and press and hold on GoSMS and the link will be added to home page and then go to the stock app icon and press and hold and then drag to the recycle bin..

Example:   I am using ADW nut the stock UI works basically the same way..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42820441/Add%20and%20Remove%20Icons%20from%20HomePage.gif

0 Likes