Re: HTC Thunderbolt continuously drops all data.
budone
Legend

That stinks. The update totally eliminated my data drops

0 Likes
SurfCityBum

Is the aforementioned update from Gingerbread to ICS, or Froyo to GB?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

GB 2.11.605.09 to GB 2.11.605.19 710RD....    2.11.605.19 710RD seem to broke my data connections.

0 Likes
spacieb

I wish that was the case for me, in Overland Park.  I have had issues for the past month or so and it is so frustrating.  I can't use half of my apps because when I try to open they stay no connection. 

0 Likes
semi_evil_ryu

I'd say that this has been happening to me since either April or May.  It's getting absolutely ridiculous.  I thought that perhaps the antenna became damaged, so I opened up the battery case for the first time ever the other day.  It looked perfectly intact to me.

Someone recently posted that their 4G issues started when they received the 710RD update and I am inclined to agree with them.  I'm currently running that version, as well.  I believe that I received that update approximately the same time when I first started to have this issue.

0 Likes
tekkiesprocket

I know people who are running <deleted> phones with the exact same issue.. So it's not the operating system.. It's either the network or its a prl type file.. They've tried different <Deleted>.. 3g only mode works fine.. It's strictly a 4g issue.

<Posted edited to comply with the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Wazzul

Well I'm at a loss. I had posted a couple weeks ago about the antenna in the back cover and how mine was better after replacing it. That only improved things very slightly, I've been able to get data for short periods of time before it goes away again. Unlinke some people I haven't been able to maintain 3G data hardly at all, it's either 4G (for a short time) or 1X, which is super fast... :_( .

I went though Verizon's tech support level 2 and they came back saying sorry it's our towers in your area (which has never had an issue in the past, nor an issue for my wife with the same phone). They offered me a FULL PRICE upgrade on a new phone since I'm 13 months into my Thunderbolt.

At this point I'm wondering how they can get away with charging me full price for my data plan when they can't provide the data service they offered and provided in the past. Isn't that material change to my contract???

Can't help but think they somehow do this to heavy users that are on the Unlinlimited plan, a way for them to make more money from the existing service, like change to a tiered plan so we can double your bill. My wife has the same exact phone, same exact updates and no issues with data what so ever. Just to give you a little history, this started after doing the latest OTA update, I used to use about 4-5GB/mo on my plan while my wife uses 1-2GB/mo. Since the update I've been able to scrape a measly .9GB/mo of data. Good work Verizon, your winning!!

0 Likes
2crazey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok for some reason my 4G coverage is working today. I keep waiting for it to cut out, but its been really solid so far. I didn't see any software update, but let's hope they fixed something. Any one else seeing improvement, or am I just being lucky right now. I'll let you guys know if it continues to work.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

I've always had the issue since day 1 which was sometime last October.  It's always 4G or 1X with frequent dropouts.  I don't think I've ever seen my TB go to 3G even if I try to force it.  A reliable 3G connection would be better than dropping 4G every few minutes although I'd prefer to get the connectivity I'm paying for.  I'm glad I'm only on the 2GB data plan since I never come close to using that much data because the phone/Verizon service isn't capable of providing it to me.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I believe it's the radio and the PRL. The thunderbolt is the ONLY device on Verizon that can do voice and data on 3G. All other 4G devices can't do this. With that simple change it may complicate things which HTC hasn't been able to remedy.

0 Likes