DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hope they fix the Car Doc Ap Glitch as well

0 Likes
Re: HTC ThunderBolt Android 2.3 Update Suspended-New Update Soon
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

ghamden wrote:

http://wirelessandmobilenews.com/2011/09/htc-thunderbolt-android-2.3-update-suspended-update.html

Wonder how long Verizon is going to let those of us who are updated "hang" this time?:smileysad: (multiple reboot fiasco)

I've already sent an email re not having voicemail notification(s) since update but so far I've only received back the "thank you for contacting Verizon.." and my email reference number.

I've gone from mr2 dropping data, resulting in missed emails and texts untilI noticed and went through all the "fixes" to reconnect, to having to now monitor for missed voicemails.

Doesn't either Verizon or HTC use any sort of Software Quality Control when testing software updates?  Both of these problems are basic functions which are expected, rightfully so, to function flawlessly on a premium priced device. Who fell asleep during those tests?

Sure I saw that leaked versions of GB had voicemail notification problems from the very first one but no one thought Verizon would be dumb (arrogant?) enough to push an update which BROKE a basic, expected  common function.

I don't use Visual Voicemail and refuse to payout another $2.99/month to know when a missed call results in a waiting voicemail.

I also won't continue to load up work around apps because of incompetence on Verizon/HTC's part. They seem to get the additional bloatware onboard sans problems each update!

0 Likes
dragon68
Thanks for posting ghamden.
0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get not wanting to DL new APs as a work aroudn for soemthing that SHOULD work but again if you dont' want to have to wait Google Voice works great and is free. I get you point thou you shoudl nto have to do that if you dont' want to.

As for the "Bugs" Im suprised that HTC dose not have a soake test program like Motorola dose. Granted Moto has had it's fill of problems but to be honest they have caught most of them befor the full OTA was sent out because of the soake test. HTC needs to start doing this or maby VZW needs to start doing this. Peopel will be less unhappy if they know they are BETA testing the updates rather then being told that the Update ther geting is good to go only to find out other wise..

0 Likes