Re: HTC One battery life after update to 4.4.2
SHusbands

Well I just got it last week, so do I still need to do an hard reset?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Afternoon SHusbands! Let's get down to some more details before we try a hard reset. Are you also having battery performance issues? If you, could you please provide specifics? Has the device performed this way since you first purchased it?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jtl2

My HTC One battery life is also terrible after the update.  Before I could go two days without charging, now I can't make it overnight, much less use it during the day.  I've shutdown everything that I could using app manager, even installed app killer trying to stop drain on the battery. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
annaha
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1063574#1063574

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

annaha, it sounds like you've had a difficult time on your device eversince you downloaded the latest software update. Let's see what we can do to ease your frustrations. Did you backup all of your pictures, contacts and media files at Backup Assistant? http://vz.to/WNJMeV  If so, then you can access our website to view your saved media.

The 12 month warranty covers your device for manufacturer defects. We can provide you with the same make/model phone that you currently have or you may ship your device to HTC to have it repaired which takes 4-6 weeks. However, if you choose to switch to a new device, then you would be provided with the Edge program option http://vz.to/17nFkEt We want you to have the best wireless experience possible. I hope that this information addresses your concerns.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
annaha
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Would you send me a new phone or a refurbished

one? I would like a new phone. And since this is a manufacturer's defect

and others are having the same problem, I am not sure if a new phone will

work any better than the one I have. It is a new phone.

On Mar 12, 2014 1:56 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jtl2, lets get your power to what it used to be! When you look into your Settings>Battery, what is the usage like?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
annaha
Enthusiast - Level 3

Gmail 18%

Facebook 19%

Voice calls 14%

Everything else is between 8 - 2%

That does not seem that it would run the battery down so quick. I fully

charged it this afternoon and it is already at 50% at midnight.

This has all happened since the Kit Kat update. The battery was better

before the update. Battery life cut in half since update.

On Mar 12, 2014 7:53 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
norrco
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, So after some troubleshooting with my phone.. I resorted to the factory reset even though I was hoping NOT to have to get to that.. I saved all my photos on my PC and used an SMS backup to my computer as well. They were pretty much the only things I was concerned about losing.

My phone battery performance is much better now than it was after the update to KitKat, especially in stand by. (Screen off).

It does still seem to suck the battery more than it used to when I'm actually using it but at least when the screen is off the battery isn't completely dead when I look at it a few hours later..

Last week before the reset, I also tried a battery manager app, it seemed to work ok but it also took over the brightness settings so the screen was impossible to see because it was so dark all the time.

All in all, I guess the bottom line is the factory reset seemed to get the battery life to an acceptable level again.. Yay!

I'll update again if things seem to change for better or worse..

0 Likes
norrco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try the factory reset, it worked for me.. Just make sure you save stuff that's important to your PC first.

0 Likes