Re: HTC One battery life after update to 4.4.2
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

norrco wrote:

Hello YaleK_VZW..!

It seems to be different based on what I have been using the phone for.. It can show "messages" at 27% or "facebook" at 29%..etc.. But the bottom line is when I do "use" the phone (meaning the screen is on) I can literally watch the battery percentage drop while I'm using the phone.. I work 12 hour shifts, before the update the battery would easily last the entire shift, now I have to plug my phone in every 4 hours or so.. Ridiculous..

I deleted most of the apps on my phone tonight to see if there may have been a conflict with one of them..

We'll see how it goes.. Any suggestions?

What the heck are you using the phone for that the battery usage levels on those applications are in the 20-30% range?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
norrco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ummm, I guess I don't understand your question? Isn't it apparent that I use my phone for "messages" and "facebook" or any other app that I choose to use? For instance this exact moment my "instagram" usage is at 31% - I truly don't understand your question.. I'm using the "smart" phone for what it's intended to be used for - the issue is, the battery life has been cut in half since the update last week..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow! What applications are running in the background? Check under Settings, Apps, Running. Are you using the original charger?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update, norrco!  Let me know how your battery responds after deleting the applications.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
thatDaveguy

having the same issues on my One after the update as well. battery life is gone to crap, it's charging very slow too. I haven't downloaded any apps since the update so I imagine it would have to be a firmware issue. As much as I'm enjoying the emojii's, they're no good if my phone is dead before I can send any out.

please pass this on to your pals at HTC, Verizon, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
norrco
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, after deleting the apps on my phone it didn't help improve battery life at all..

I purchased an app "GO Power Master" for $4.99 to see if killing all the stuff that was running would help.. It did extend the battery life when the phone was not being used.. BUT the battery still drains extremely fast when I'm actually using the phone.. Web searches/Facebook/Instagram etc..

The app kills the network/wifi etc so nothing is eating the battery when the screen is off.. But I'm still disappointed that I can watch my battery tick down while I'm using the phone/internet etc.. I'm going to try and restore to factory default as some people have suggested..

HTC didn't hit the mark on this update.. I'm hoping they fix this issue..

Any other suggestions would be appreciated..

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

I haven't noticed any significant change in my HTC One battery life since the update to KitKat -- still good. Smiley Happy

Bob307

I have had the same problem.  My HTC One - which I have had for a little over a month is having short battery life issues.  I updated the software about two weeks ago.  The first two weeks I had no troubles with the battery.  The last two weeks since the update, I have had my phone running out of power by the afternoon.  Night and day difference in battery longevity.

Please help!

0 Likes
Bob307

The use is not very much. 

Voice Calls - 17%  (time on is 19m47s)  That is short!

Messages - 14% (total CPU time is 3m0s)

Google PLay services - 11% (CPU total is 31m37s)

Wi-fi - 10% (5h14m12s)

This is not extreme use since this morning.  I had to plug it in at about 1:30pm today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Boby37,

We do not want you to constantly have to stay plugged into a charger. Have you already done a hard reset on your device? http://vz.to/1fFPfqJ If not, please try the hard reset and let us know about the results.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes