HTC One 4.4.2 disaster
gksellshomes

My HTC One has been getting progressively worse as the days progress since updating to 4.4.2. Battery drain is extensive, I get messages that say I am using "too much power" when not using anything on my phone but... a phone call! Today the battery drained, while the phone was plugged in, down to 3%. In desperation, I did a factory reset. This means I will spend time reloading the apps I use for BUSINESS, including my primary email account (it wouldn't let me even look at the settings for the email account since the battery was so low. My business is real estate and I NEED MY PHONE for email, text and phone. PLEASE offer a real solution. Now - my phone is a zero power - AFTER factory reset!!! It is plugged in and off. HTC Sense is 5.5. I cannot access settings now to determine any other phone information.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One 4.4.2 disaster
gksellshomes

Please offer suggestions on a fix or when Google will have the fix released for the HTC One.

- Model:  HTCOne6500LVW

- Sense:  5.5

- Software: 3.11.605.1

- Factory reset:  Today (added in gmail and restored necessary information)

As of a few minutes ago, I was able to make a phone call, but the phone came on and dialogue box noted it could not be charged because I was using too much energy. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks.

Gina

0 Likes
Re: HTC One 4.4.2 disaster
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gksellshomes. Let's help get your HTC One working properly! Thank you for letting us know about the troubleshooting you have done. With regards to using too much power, are there a lot of settings/apps turnin on while the phone is charging? This includes bluetooth, gps, Maps etc? See if disabling some of these helps out. I also recommend running your phone in Safe Mode as well : http://vz.to/1ktC0jE

Please make sure that Fast Boot is disabled before attempting Safe Mode. If it is active, it will keep you from booting your phone in Safe Mode. http://vz.to/1ktC8Q0

Let us know the results.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes