stuperman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will be leaving Verizon in December. Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
Re: Group text messages - won't download/take a long time to download
Tidbits
Legend

MMS data doesn't use you bucket of data.

0 Likes
stuperman
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's good to know, but I'm connect to Wi-Fi 90% of the day... Not very convienient to have to turn it on and off.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That is a manufacturer problem or code design. I have various devices that allow Wi-Fi to be on and when I send a MMS you can see the mobile data icon pop temporarily even while on Wi-Fi.

terr5178
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. A month or so ago sending and receiving group messaged wasn't a problem. Verizons explanation of turning off WiFi is b.s... Verizon,  there is a problem now that didn't exist before. Fix it and don't give you paying customers lame excuses... I meant answers!

madgamingmax

Has or will this be fixed?  I have issue with my phone downloading group messages also.

0 Likes
Liz9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this problem for about 6 months (since there was an update to my phone).

I have a Droid Razr M and anytime I receive a group message or a picture message (anything labeled "multimedia") it takes a very long time to download, ranging from several minutes to several hours - even overnight! This was not a problem before the update. I saw your recommendation to turn off WiFi, and just tried it with a message my daughter sent me last night, and the picture did finally come through. But I agree with other people's opinion that this is not the solution, especially since this was not a problem before your "update" - The idea of having to turn WiFi off and on regularly to receive messages is just ridiculous. And I am sure that I have had this problem when I am away from my home and have my WiFi turned off already.

Obviously there is some "glitch" that needs to be fixed!! With today's advanced technology, there is really no reason for this. A friend of mine has the same phone, and same problem. And another friend has a Samsung Galaxy and has similar problems too.

0 Likes
chsdiversity

I'm having same issue with S4. When I turn WiFi off the 4G doesn't connect !

0 Likes
earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just jumped on the Verizon bandwagon from Pageplus.

I also have noticed this prblem with my cell....

Never had this trouble on Pageplus.

Hey Verizon....fix ur shit!!!!!!!

JSchmidty1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this same issue since the 4.4.2 update with both phones in my household a Note 3 and an S4. We cannot download group messages on or off WiFi. It is not a coverage issue it is a software issue. Verizon please fix this!