Do all 4G capable devices display the 4G symbol when properly connected to the network?
Gpistolis

My Thunderbolt did when it was working, however my Rezound doesn't. Anyone know for certain?

0 Likes
Re: Do all 4G capable devices display the 4G symbol when properly connected to the network?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah, it should display the 4G LTE symbol.

My Galaxy Nexus does display 4G when I'm connected to that network.

What does your phone signal say you are connecting to? Have you switched the phone to CDMA only?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Do all 4G capable devices display the 4G symbol when properly connected to the network?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yes, the ReZound shows 4GLTE next to the signal bars when connected to that network. As Ann154 suggested, make sure you have LTE enabled.

0 Likes
jmurphy914
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine only displays it if the internet (mobile network) is on and I'm not on wifi. Talking doesn't use 3G or 4G. The 4G as far as I know is just for data transmission.. anyways with wifi off and the network on yes it should tell you always 3g 4g 1x etc..

0 Likes
jmurphy914
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually... I just read the question again.. and I'm only speaking about the resound... Sorry lol

0 Likes
Gpistolis

Thanks everyone for your replies. Yes, my phone is set to 4g LTE and not CDMA. It seems that the 4G symbol does appear randomly on my Rezound in places where my Thunderbolt had solid wall to wall 4G. Go figure,...oh well.

0 Likes
slingblade01

This is a data connection issue with the Rezound. Test it by doing a quick google seach.

0 Likes
jmurphy914
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you know about the "always on data" in network settings?

0 Likes