Data Issues
rho67

Got my TB HTC on Saturday and was aware of some data issues that day. As of today, Tuesday I am still having problems.

As long as I am at home or at work where I have access to a Wifi, I get data fine. As soon as I leave home/work I get nothing. I have been researching different fixes from different forums, and none have seem to addressed my problem.

I have disabled 4g, I've pulled the battery numerous time, I've messed with the Mobile network settings and nothing is working. Please let me know if anyone else has had these problems. I'm in Denver so it should be on the 4g network.  If nothing helps I will take back on Saturday and wait for the Bionic in June.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data Issues
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3
Have you tryed to turn the WiFi off manually?I assume so. Then go into the wireless network settings and delete your available WiFi saved networks. Then check if you have the box for Verizon wireless services marked. Then make sure you turn on the "enable background services" from your applications menu. If that doesn't wotk then try to clear you cache, cookies, history, and make sure you take off the "notify me when networks are available" I've noticed that in some areas people have massive WiFi ranges for their companies and that this smartphone is too smart and will manually connect you to the closest network.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Sciotosurfer

You're not alone. I've been having problems since Saturday. Central Ohio just outside of Columbus but still well within the 4G zone for both work and home. 4G stopped at home first but was ok at work. I could force 3G with the Phone Info app at home on Sunday and Monday. Today (Tuesday) the network is completely gone both at home and work, 4G and 3G. I tried the Rev.A trick (in the other thread here) but I get nothing. I called the sales rep that sold us our phones and was told that they do have something in their alerts about outages all over the network but they they were still supposed to troubleshoot it as if it was the phone. Needless to say, I passed on that idea and am currently waiting it out and using WiFi when available.

0 Likes
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3
Have you tryed to turn the WiFi off manually?I assume so. Then go into the wireless network settings and delete your available WiFi saved networks. Then check if you have the box for Verizon wireless services marked. Then make sure you turn on the "enable background services" from your applications menu. If that doesn't wotk then try to clear you cache, cookies, history, and make sure you take off the "notify me when networks are available" I've noticed that in some areas people have massive WiFi ranges for their companies and that this smartphone is too smart and will manually connect you to the closest network.
0 Likes
Sciotosurfer

UPDATE: Everything came back alive for me yesterday, both at work and at home. No changes were made to the phone. As most were speculating, was probably just Verizon working out issues with their network.

0 Likes
rho67

So I called Verizon on Monday and put in a ticket with technical support. According to Verizon rep, the day I activated there were issues with data, so my phone never properly finished the setup. Just recevied a call from Verizon and they did a factory reset, and now everything is running great. I will keep you posted if I run into any other issues, but it is now taken care of.

If anyone is having problems, put in a ticket!!

Thanks for all your help!!

0 Likes