Can I use a device without activating it for calling?
tiannalockett

hey there , I'm having a really hard time with the phone that i gave to my sister , she wants it for photos , games , & wifi . but I can't get past the activation part . I don't want to activate the phone ? I just want her to be able to enjoy it , how may I do that ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: activation problems
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you removed the old SIM card from the phone? If it was removed, you can set it up as a wifi only device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be delighted to assist tiannalockett! In order to utilize the device, the device often times will need to be activated on the VZW Network. In order to bypass this screen you would need to activate the device. Certain devices do have a bypass option to avoid activation. However, the HTC would require activation to proceed. Please keep us posted if we can be of any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you removed the old SIM card from the phone? If it was removed, you can set it up as a wifi only device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes