Camera Issue
tattoodmom31
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had my Rhyme since mid december. Overall I like the phone but yesterday I started having an issue when trying to take pictures. It will take but it first shows the last image (sometimes it is blurry other times it is half a picture from the last photo I took and the one I was trying to take and also occassionally weird multi colors show up instead). I haven't dropped the phone. I have turned off the phone and looked around on the cameras settings but it is still doing it. I haven't tried the video yet but I am really upset that the camera is so messed up. Not sure if I need to take it to the verizon store or what,but I want the camera to take normal regular pictures like it was. Did anyone else have any issues with the camera?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Camera Issue
tattoodmom31
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello. I took my phone into the store. They looked at it and told me to download all of my pictures and videos to my computer b/c my phone needed to be reset and if that didn't work I would replace it with a new one. I went home, transfered everything and the next day I took a picture and my camera was working just fine. I never reset it or went back to have them do it. I don't know if transfering the photos and videos helped or not but it works now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

What a strange problem with the camera!  I haven't found any similar reports with the camera, so I'm hoping the steps I provide will fix your issue.  The first think I always recommend is to pull out the battery for 20-30 seconds. Retest, and if issues persist, follow these steps: Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All> Camera> Force Stop/Clear Data/Clear Cache. Retest for the issue. If it's still occurring, download a free camera application from the Market and retest.  If there's no problem with the Market app, the next best step would be to either use the Market app or perform a factory reset.

Let us know if that does/doesn't work for you or provide any updates on your issue. 

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ajchevyguy

Hey there!  My wife has the same problem when taking pics, especially with the multi-color problem (green and purple).  Were you able to find any solutions yet?  probably going to see if they'll ship us a new one...

thanks!!

0 Likes
tattoodmom31
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello. I took my phone into the store. They looked at it and told me to download all of my pictures and videos to my computer b/c my phone needed to be reset and if that didn't work I would replace it with a new one. I went home, transfered everything and the next day I took a picture and my camera was working just fine. I never reset it or went back to have them do it. I don't know if transfering the photos and videos helped or not but it works now.

0 Likes
Inwethegreat

I am having the same problem! Smiley Sad I've done the force stop and clear data thing. And I've also reset the camera to the default settings. I guess I will try what you did and wait a while.

0 Likes
mimirob

I had exactly the same problem. I actually looked at the settings in the camera. I had somehow set it to widescreen. I set it back to normal, and haven't had any problems since. I don't know what that could have had to do with it, but it seems to have worked?!

0 Likes
LMitchell

I had the same problem.  Took it to the store and they removed battery and put it back in.  It hasn't done it since.

0 Likes
chicky668

HI,  How exactly do you transfer camera content to a PC?  My camera won't send pictures via email, and I don't want to load a single photo to FB at a time. I read you transferred your content when you were having an issue. Please respond. thanks!
<email address deleted per TOS>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi chicky668, I can help you with transferring your pictures to your computer. If you connect your phone to your computer with your USB cable, your phone will recognize it is connected. At the top lefthand corner, you will see an icon showing USB connected. Slide down the notification panel to select USB connected, then USB mass storage. On your computer, you can open My Computer (or Computer) and select your phone from Removable Devices or Removable Storage. All the files on your SD card will show here. Then you can drag and drop files to the computer.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CarmenF

I have the same problem.  However, one CANNOT remove the battery on this phone (HTC Rhyme), so I am unsure what everyone is referring to when they suggest remove battery; it's impossible.

0 Likes