Battery Indicator Monochrome after Kitkat update
kebevets
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone notice the battery indicator changed from green to all white after updating to Kitkat 4.4.2?????  Not sure what else changed but this was annoying to me.

Re: Battery Indicator Monochrome after Kitkat update
3DTrains

I'm in the same boat, and I'm unable to tell whether it's a faulty update or that someone over at the design department has a poor sense of humor. I suppose there's no way to revert to an earlier version? We just bought the phone two weeks ago, and our choice for the HTC was its design - both the interface and its exterior - and at the time it seemed a slicker unit than Apple's. Now it looks and operates like a brick, and my old iPhone-4 is once again king.

As much as we paid for the HTC, I'm not liking this situation one bit.

Cheers!

Marc - Riverside

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your non-4G, 3.5 inch screen, less ram, slower CPU is better iPhone 4 is better? Um nope. Especially if the reasoning is the color of an icon. I hate to tell you, but ALL phones with KitKat are gong to have all white notification icons.

0 Likes
3DTrains

I was being facetious.

Nevertheless, I'm not keen to the update and simply voiced my opinion. I still believe that whomever came up with the update, including the group that approved it, need to take a remedial course in basic design. An additional class in how to serve customers couldn't hurt either.

My wife is just getting used to the new phone, and having the OS change mid-stream can make things difficult. Security updates are one thing, but end-users should be allowed to revert to a previous release when visual changes aren't acceptable.

Cheers!

Marc - Riverside

0 Likes
Not applicable

3DTrains wrote:

I was being facetious.

I still believe that whomever came up with the update, including the group that approved it, need to take a remedial course in basic design.

Here you go if you want an explanation

"According to Android engineer Dan Sandler, the white icons were originally chosen to present a more neutral palette that works better with apps. It also turns out that #33b5e5 blue doesn't show up very well with the transparent status bar"

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/18/a-google-engineer-explains-why-kitkat-has-white-status-bar-i...

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

kebevets wrote:

Anyone notice the battery indicator changed from green to all white after updating to Kitkat 4.4.2?????  Not sure what else changed but this was annoying to me.

HTC is following (for the most part) the KitKat design standards for the battery and other icons that Google wrote for KitKat version of the Android OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
R01k
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's a Google tweak. All icons in status bar must be white in KitKat.

0 Likes
alkmouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing the same battery issues...go to bed at 90% batteries and wake up to 9% with no handling of the phone during the night....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

alkmouse wrote:

I am experiencing the same battery issues...go to bed at 90% batteries and wake up to 9% with no handling of the phone during the night....

You should look at the battery usage to see what is listed as using the battery during that time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
alkmouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same stuff as always...Sorry I posted this to the wrong question...

0 Likes