Aug 1st ...... Still no ICS
Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I have officially made files with BBB and with the FCC . Verizon is done in my book . My business lines have been cancelled and are currently under AT&T now . My personal lines ( once contact up in another 6 months ) I am going to either tmobile or AT&T

Lies for the last 8 months , Ive had it. I have also emailed a few lawyers in regards to filing suit against Verizon for false advertising , manipulation of products sales paperwork , etc.. I have supplied copies of Verizon advertising ads , product flyers from times of purchase etc.... The people of whom ive been in contact with seem to think I have a good case and backing paperwork all of which are permissible in court . Best part is the one lawyer HAS a rezound !!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Aug 1st ...... Still no ICS
Womp

The only one to say a specific date was HTC who said june-july. Also, if you read the fine print it said that after they push it to service providers, it could take up to 40 days for the provider to push it ota. Good luck with angry rambling, you will not get far.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm guessing you don't consider "early 2012" as being specific?

To me it specifies in the worst case to be the first half of the year.

0 Likes
devilsd79

Although i do understand everyones dissatisfaction for verizon right now, i rather wait for ics, and it be right then get it and have it fry my phone.Then i would be pissed, out the money i paid for it and go through the aggravation of getting a replacement. Use your head people.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Send your complaint to HTC. They are the ones writing the sortware update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Many think that the presumed release is going to be 3.14.605.10.

• This build was leaked on or around June 10th.
  • Has been posted to HTC's site as having a June 20th build date.

If it is the case that this build is the OTA:

Verizon has had more than enough time to evaluate it. And I, for one, will fully blame VZW for any delays beyond 30 days of evaluation(should be MORE Than enough time to eval&QA) for the same build. If there is a new build, I contend that the blame rests with both companies.

0 Likes
JustSomeOne

I agree with you. It takes both of them to write, test and release any updates. What I can't believe is it is taking so unbelievably long. This should be rather straight forward upgrade at this time - unless Verizon requirements are horking things up.

Personally, I didn't wait for the Nexus because mine died and I needed a new phone a week before it came out and Verizon and HTC were "apparently" promising a speedy upgrade to ICS for the Rezound. (February/Marck) I work with ICS phones and tablets all day long and I am less than patient in waiting for it. I am holding our Verizon reps feet to the fire a bit on this too - not that he can do anything.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

neither company is under any obligation to provide any update to the phone, unless its a security update

read your TOS, contract ect.

you will find that it will be the same at any provider.

the exceptions being apple for the ios, and google on most nexus devices.

BBB can do nothing, its a worthless orginization that has been caught selling ratings.

there is nothing for the ftc to do

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

TOS does not usurp truth in advertising.

An advertised feature of this phone as per the original press release, "will be" ICS in "early 2012."

Early 2012 is long gone (and that's even with the loosest reasonable definition of "early" being the 1st half of 2012)

VZW has now either changed a device feature or failed to deliver this feature as promised.

So, let me ask you this:

If VZW decided to push Android 1.0 to our device, would your opinion be the same or would you view this as some sort of violation?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

cansofspam wrote:

TOS does not usurp truth in advertising.

An advertised feature of this phone as per the original press release, "will be" ICS in "early 2012."

Early 2012 is long gone (and that's even with the loosest reasonable definition of "early" being the 1st half of 2012)

VZW has now either changed a device feature or failed to deliver this feature as promised.

So, let me ask you this:

If VZW decided to push Android 1.0 to our device, would your opinion be the same or would you view this as some sort of violation?

well since they cant push anything ot my phone, i dont care.

i took control of the phone, and can put any version i want on it, even jelly bean

quick search showed same for the rezound

0 Likes