cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

palm pre

plumbob1
Miembro

ok. so i bought a palm pre in april, worked about a month. went to the store got a new one.  2 months later, same problems. so then i dropped it. ok my fault. no problem though because i have insurance. right? wrong. the insurance is a total rip off. first they sent me a phone that just shut off every 15 minutes, that was if it wasn't locking up first. so i call back. what do they send me? a pixi. first a already junk fathom, now a pixi? and they tell me it's the same. wrong again. it's a double down grade. Iam very disappointed in verizon. I have been a customer for about 14 years. but this is a total crock. and verizon customer service and store personnel tell me they can't do anything. keep fighting it out with assurion. assurion say's, verizon tells us what to send you, not us. so, way to pass the buck. well, maybe I should pass my buck else where. this "pixi" is not the same. it is not even comparable. i feel like i totaled a cadillac, and they gave me a pinto. but it's not funny. shouldn't they replace it with the same, and if they dont have one, something better. this really is not ok.

0 Me gusta

Re: palm pre

shipwrestler125
Miembro

They give you what they have in stock if you read the fine print in the insurance(which i assume you didnt since you are here ranting) you would see that it says would replace with the same or similar model. I know you can say this isnt similar model but to them it is. Thats one reason i dont get insurance

0 Me gusta

plumbob1
Miembro

well obviously, it's not. it is a downgrade as it won't do or takes twice as long to do the things my pre did, ok, the insurance sucks. got that, I won't get it again. but to say that you can't help what a third-party co. that you use does, and pretty much that you don't care, is not good business. you chose them, not me. it reflects poorly on you as a company as far as Iam concerned.

0 Me gusta

nanacrunch
Miembro

I have a story to tell as well.  I am on my 3rd Palm Pre in less than 8 months.  When I took the third one to the store because they could not activate it the normal way, the service rep was complaining about my keys sticking.  Nice, sent me a phone that was having problems before I used it.  It is now in my Verizon bag and I have activated my old Blackberry until my contract it up.  I have been told by Customer Service Reps from Verizon the Palm devices are not good.  I even offered to pay $50-$100 to get a different phone, but no luck.  My choices were to try for Palm Pre #4.  I said no thanks, I'll use my Blackberry.  We have a local company offering to buy out contract and they are giving free phones.  Something to consider.  I too have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years.  I don't think they will get my renewal this time. 

0 Me gusta

TMoorehead
Miembro

The story I have to tell is the "Double Whammy" my wife and i both purchased our Palm Pre Plus' in July, they have not worked well since we have received them. I am on my third my wife is on her fourth. Verizon ha snow sai we live in a trouble coverage area (North East Ohio), they are giving us the option of terminating our contact and they will wave the early termination fees.

This sounds reasonable at first glance, we purchased car chargers, touchstone indutio chargers, hard cases and soft cases for the Palm Pre Plus not to mention the cost of the phone. Now with anew provider we will pay for activation not to mention a new phone and accessories (unless they have a Palm Pre Plus) so we wil be out several hundred dollars as well. This shoud be embarassing not to mention the unethical and immoral business practice. All Ican say is run, unfortunately we were an Altel customer that was absorbed by this cell phone company. Instead of addressing  the problm they have thrown us to the wolves and cost our family several hundred ollars. OUCH.

0 Me gusta

fletch23
Miembro

I have been a Palm user since the early days.  I too bought the palm pre when it first came out, and my experience has been rather pleasant, HOWEVER, my wife has had the challenges that each of you have described.  The issue is not Verizon or Sprint, but rather Palm technology.

I would recommend going to the store and talking with the manager.  I have found that sometimes they are willing to do a swap if you have a history of problems with Assurion.

Good luck

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

MissingPalm
Miembro
Assurian replaced my broken Pre+ with a Pre 2. Wow, I thought I got a free upgrade. Well, the battery life is better, but...
The wifi hot spot feature did not work. I called Verizon and they explained that the free wifi hot spot was only for the Pre+. They agreed that it was not fair since I was only one year into a 2-year contract, and said they would try to get the wifi feature restored, but that was over two weeks ago and it still doesn't work and no one has contacted me. In addition the new Pre 2 displays a black box where the body of the email text should be. I called HP and they finally admitted that this was a known problem, they were working on it, and a fix would be released sometime soon. I was not happy with that answer and called Verizon. They said that it was just slow. The message would appear in time. That their system was working. That the problem was in the formatting used at the source of the email. This problem occurs consistently with email from yahoo groups. It's not slow. It doesn't work.

Remember the Monty Python skit with the parrot. The customer returns to the store with a dead parrot but the clerk insists that it's not bead it's only sleeping. It's a funny skit, but not so fun in real life. It's simple, I did not realize that I signed a two year contract requiring me to pay every month without exception but without requiring Verizon to provide any particular or specific service.
0 Me gusta