cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Palm Pre Plus hotspot won't turn on

Indianrock
Miembro

All of a sudden this morning I got the message that the "sharing service" is not activated, contact service.  It's been working fine for months.  Anyone else?

Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Palm Pre Plus hotspot won't turn on

Indianrock
Miembro

It turned out that the network name in the Hotspot Application had been blanked out.  I entered it again and everything worked.  Not sure how that happened.  I believe you can choose whatever you want for that name, then your wireless devices like laptops connect to it.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

SmoothCriminal
Miembro

Maybe 'cause that tethering for free isn't available anymore. They said it would only be free for a limited time, so maybe it's not free anymore. Check to see if there is an option to pay. Or contact Verizon or Palm.

0 Me gusta

wushu2004
Novice

SmoothCriminal wrote:

Maybe 'cause that tethering for free isn't available anymore. They said it would only be free for a limited time, so maybe it's not free anymore. Check to see if there is an option to pay. Or contact Verizon or Palm.

That makes absolutely no sense.

0 Me gusta

Indianrock
Miembro

It turned out that the network name in the Hotspot Application had been blanked out.  I entered it again and everything worked.  Not sure how that happened.  I believe you can choose whatever you want for that name, then your wireless devices like laptops connect to it.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

thechidz
Miembro

nm got it.  thanks!

to the person who said the hotspot is free for a limited time, that only means they will be including it with the phone for a limited time.  If you sign a contract that includes free hotspot they cant pull it until your contract is up

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Foxhat
Miembro

Thank you

That was two day's worth of cursing and wasted efforts solved easily.

0 Me gusta

MissingPalm
Miembro
Yes, my free wifi hotspot also stopped working. I'm 1 year into a 2-year contract. My Pre plus was broken, cracked screen, and was replaced by Assurian. First with another Pre plus, but that replacement could not reliably place outgoing calls and it was replaced with a Pre 2. Now the wifi hotspot does not work. I called Verizon and they diagnosed the problem. The free wifi hotspot promotion was only for the Pre plus not the Pre 2. The Verizon tech agreed that this was not fair to drop the service. He noted that the fix would require some administrative procedure that might take some days. It's been some weeks and the wifihptspot still doesn't work. How should I proceed.

0 Me gusta

wushu2004
Novice

MissingPalm wrote:
Yes, my free wifi hotspot also stopped working. I'm 1 year into a 2-year contract. My Pre plus was broken, cracked screen, and was replaced by Assurian. First with another Pre plus, but that replacement could not reliably place outgoing calls and it was replaced with a Pre 2. Now the wifi hotspot does not work. I called Verizon and they diagnosed the problem. The free wifi hotspot promotion was only for the Pre plus not the Pre 2. The Verizon tech agreed that this was not fair to drop the service. He noted that the fix would require some administrative procedure that might take some days. It's been some weeks and the wifihptspot still doesn't work. How should I proceed.

Call customer service

0 Me gusta

woodcat
Miembro

Re-naming the network name is the fix. I need to do the once in a while.....software glitch....easy fix. Verizon has told me I will always have the free hotspot as long as I have an active Verizon Palm Pre Plus......first generation. Palm and Verizon did drop the ball with the new generation Palms. Loyal Verizon customers need to keep the heat on about the loss of this feature on phones that are capable to have this feature. I think someone once said, "sometimes you have to pay more to get less"....................

0 Me gusta