cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

IS THE PALM PRE PLUS BETTER THAN THE STORM 2?

Miembro

IM looking to get a phone other than my droid im bored with it so i want something different. I like the web os alot but ive always been a fan for blackberry so i dont know what to get please help?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: IS THE PALM PRE PLUS BETTER THAN THE STORM 2?

Novice

MANNY921 wrote:

IM looking to get a phone other than my droid im bored with it so i want something different. I like the web os alot but ive always been a fan for blackberry so i dont know what to get please help?

Blackberry = Stone Tablet compared to the Pre Plus. Much Better browser, Mail is Better as far as I'm Concerned, Text and MMS is better, Full HTML in Messages. FREE 5Gig wireless Hotspot. 16gigs to store your stuff on (Yes folks programs store in the 16gig and run using the 512) That's alot of programs!!  Battery is not as bad as some say, I use mine alot and it's almost as good as my Storm 1 was. No More Battery Pulls, (my pre has been running for a month, except for rebooting after the 1.4.1.1 update, I never shut it off!!) THIS ONES A NO BRAINER!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Every time my daughter (Storm user) walks in and sees my Palm Pre Plus setting next to me getting charged on the touchstone while acting as a speaker-phone (when I get a call) until I pick it up - at which time it returns to noraml operation, she kind of sniffs.  I have an idea she will be looking for a similar setup to have on her desk at work before long - unfortunately (for her) she won't find it unless she switches to a Palm Pre Plus.  The fact that Verizon provides the Plus "TouchStone Ready" is a huge selling point their marketing department and employees seem to be overlooking.  I bought a 2nd TouchStone for my car - it works quite well with the Palm car charger kit.

There are bugs and problems with this phone - for me the advantages outweighed them and I kept it.  If you spend some time browsing complaints against the other so-called smart phones in the other forums on here - you will find out we aren't alone.  Verizon support for this phone, other than a willingness to swap it out, does appear to be lacking though.  *I* am certainly not tempted to switch to a BB or Droid at this point in time.

I could be tempted if/when Verizon starts selling a CDMA version of the iPhone - but unless it has incredible battery life I'll be sticking with my Pre+ and TouchStones...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I do have to admit though, my daughter's storm doesn't have any problems using GPS - apparently Verizon honored their promise to open aGPS/GPS to blackberrys.  I wait patiently for the announcement they will do the same on the Palm Pre Plus.

0 Likes