cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Does Pandora App count as Data Usage?

Bjorn16
Miembro

I've been listening to music via the Pandora application on my Palm Pre Plus for about three hours a day.  Does anybody know if this counts against my monthly data usage?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much.

Re: Does Pandora App count as Data Usage?

Empleado de Verizon

Bjorn16

That is a great question. Especially since so many of us love to listen to Pandora and other internet radio on our phones.

The quick answer is, YES it will utilize data when you are listening to Pandora.

Puedes usar nuestra Calculadora de data to determine how much data you use on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

0 Me gusta

HairoKitty
Miembro

Ok, it's October 2014 and I need to ask this question again. Does Pandora still count as data usage for Verizon Wireless? I think some carriers don't count Pandora as data usage now..

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

Pretty sure it does. It's streaming and that uses data so....

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Only T-Mobile. However the app itself still used data. Just not as much as it did before.

0 Me gusta

No corresponde

Why wouldn't it? Only T-Mobile doesn't count it and that's a gimmick and possibly a neutrality violation. Pandora's app uses 64 kbps last time I checked which would be 28 MB per hour. See you in 2017 when you come back to ask again.

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Well with the changes T-Mobile did it now uses 12kbps.  What T-Mobile did doesn't completely eliminate all the usage.  Advertising, Lyrics, and album art still count even if you skip.

0 Me gusta

No corresponde

12 kbps? I though 64 kbps was bad. the sound quality has to be awful. Anyway T-Mobile makes it sound as if ZERO usage is counted. Even at 12 kbps it theoretically possible to use 3.7 GB in a month.

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

They said streaming was not counted.  They didn't say anything about the other things that are downloaded.  So advertising space, lyrics, and album art are not streaming music   See the gotcha?

0 Me gusta