Re: Wifi can't obtain ip address
mocoolie

Hi. Yep, I've been all through the advanced settings. That option isn't there. Google Pixel XL (not the "2")

I actually upgraded my internet speed so I'll get a new router, won't let the tech leave until my phone is solidly connected up to wifi. LOL!

It happens Thursday so I'll update. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

This link talks about this 'Obtaining IP address' issue with the Pixel, suggesting changing from DHCP to Static IP: https://pixelmantras.com/fix-error-obtaining-ip-address-google-pixel-pixel-xl/

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your device is able to connect to Wi-Fi. There are a few other steps that might help. Have you tried resetting your Network Settings? This option might help. Here is a link on how to do this, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207812/.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Rather assigning a static IP address, this might be another approach:

How to Fix Wifi Stuck "Obtaining IP Address"

0 Likes
LVFVT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm saddened to hear you are experiencing issues with your WiFi connection, LVFVT. I know how important it is to have WiFi working correctly on your device. Let's work on this together. What troubleshooting steps have been completed on your phone? Anyone else experiecing the same issue with your home WiFi? Please share more details.

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thank in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mocoolie

Hi all. Thank you so much for all of your helpful replies. Once I got the new router I've had no probs with my wifi connection.

0 Likes