Re: WiFi Calling keeps turning off
specialkfx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just read through this entire thread.  Same thing happening to me.  Wifi Calling turns itself off. Most likely an Android OS problem, as I have VZW, but unlike all of you, i have a Note 8.  Hope it gets fixed soon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Specialkfx, we want this resolved ASAP.  A private message has been sent to you so we can assist you further.

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Streetbu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issues with WiFi calling turning off by itself whenever it feels like it. The building I work in is metal and has very poor reception inside so wifi calling is a must. I just made a mistake today because I told someone they never called me yet when I checked my voicemail, they called me last week. I was just never notified of missed calls or voicemails since I had no service and wifi calling keeps being turned off. When will this be fixed? I'm not paying this much for a phone that DOESNT WORK.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

dwatson808
Contributor - Level 1

So SAD Verizon and Google can't fix this. It had been down to happening maybe every other week or so. Something changed a couple of weeks back. Now it's happening, for both my wife and I, on two different non-Vzw Pixel 2 devices, several times a week to multiple times a day.

What happened to all the pretty talk about Verizon's finest working with Google's finest to fix this!?!!!?

Dear (deaf?) Verizon: what's up with that?

0 Likes
Apmalinco

My WiFi calling turns itself off every couple of hours and I have to re-enter the emergency address. This is something recently happening with the latest update and it's driving me nuts.

I saw in another thread that this is somehow working as intended? That would be ridiculous and warrant my leaving Verizon completely and permanently.

0 Likes
dwatson808
Contributor - Level 1

This may be a different problem. We've never had to re-enter the emergency address in either of our non-VZW Pixel 2s..

On a side note, my experience with Android Pis, after 5 days, is that WiFi Calling is, knock on wood, behaving as expected originally. I haven't had to turn it back on once. When I've gone to answer a call, or place one, here at home where we have marginal coverage, it's always worked over WiFi Calling first time. Previously, I'd gone this many days without WiFi Calling turning off, but not in the last month or so on Oreo, but never has WiFi Calling been reliably in use when I go to place a call or answer an incoming call. My wife hasn't updated her phone to Pie yet. But she's out of town, so I don't know if she'd still be having WiFi Calling issues.

Any other reports on Android Pie?

0 Likes
dwatson808
Contributor - Level 1

Hey, VZW Support: Why is this thread marked "Assumed Answered" when nobody has said they have a fix and VZW and Google have never said there is a fix?!?!?!??!?!?!!!!!

0 Likes
Aubrey001

Thank you @dwatson808 for raising the issue.

verizonadmin

The problem is not just the Pixel 2.  I have a Pixel 1.  I am not on Android Pie.  Same issue.

My biggest issue is the extreme unpredictable nature of wifi calling.  I am in a very poor verizon signal area (yes,  they do exist).  Sometimes it will connect to WIFI calling and other times it will not.  There is no rhyme or reason to it.

When it connects,  the call is outstanding.  When it doesn't,  the call is terrible. 

If you really care about quality of service,  get this working right.  As a consumer,  I just want a clear call. I depend on it for my business. 

PLEASE GET THIS WORKING CONSISTENTLY AND CORRECTLY.

0 Likes
Aubrey001

Correction ... my post above should have said:  I am NOW on Android Pie.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for providing these additional details Aubrey001. We do want to get to the bottom of this issue for you right away. I have sent you a PM, can you please reply back to that message for assistance.

Candice_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes