Why is my battery life so short?
ROBPAN3

I am having issues with battery life.  I have just had my phone a few days, and if the kids play a game or watch a video, I am having to charge it in the middle of the day. So far, I am not happy with the battery life.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery Life
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tips for Extending Battery Life

• Avoid exposing the battery to extreme heat and cold.
  • For the first 3 charge cycles, fully charge the battery overnight and allow it to fully discharge before recharging (battery conditioning).
  • A Lithium-ion battery may be damaged by extensive overcharging (continuously on a charger for more than 24 hours).
  • Use the battery. If possible, avoid letting the battery sit idle for long periods of time.
  • Use only the device options and accessories that are really needed.

So far (all of 10 days that I've owned it?) I've been happy with the battery performance on my Pixel (not the XL, just a Pixel). After a "normal day" of usage - calls, texts, emails, etc - I'm watching Monday Night Football, 4th quarter, battery is at 19%.  It'll finish the game,and I'll charge it overnight.  I have no worries it will make it through the day tomorrow.  That, to me, is good battery performance.

My husband also has a Pixel, and he can go two days on a charge.  Granted, he doesn't do half of what I do, and uses very little of the phone's capability (so far, he'll learn!!)  Compared to an S6 I had that needed charging mid-day, and in the car, I am quite satisfied with the battery life on the Pixel!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Games and video generally use more battery then any other activity. Maybe the kids could watch that stuff on another device?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

AZSALUKI
Legend

I've actually been pretty impressed with the battery life so far. I'm a fairly heavy user and I can get through an entire day on one full charge. How long are your kids using it? If they are watching videos or playing a graphics heavy game that also requires an Internet connection, it will drain much quicker..... But that's the case with any phone (my kids play Pokémon go and it kills the battery pretty fast)

jhnstn00
Enthusiast - Level 1

Which phone?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tips for Extending Battery Life

• Avoid exposing the battery to extreme heat and cold.
  • For the first 3 charge cycles, fully charge the battery overnight and allow it to fully discharge before recharging (battery conditioning).
  • A Lithium-ion battery may be damaged by extensive overcharging (continuously on a charger for more than 24 hours).
  • Use the battery. If possible, avoid letting the battery sit idle for long periods of time.
  • Use only the device options and accessories that are really needed.

So far (all of 10 days that I've owned it?) I've been happy with the battery performance on my Pixel (not the XL, just a Pixel). After a "normal day" of usage - calls, texts, emails, etc - I'm watching Monday Night Football, 4th quarter, battery is at 19%.  It'll finish the game,and I'll charge it overnight.  I have no worries it will make it through the day tomorrow.  That, to me, is good battery performance.

My husband also has a Pixel, and he can go two days on a charge.  Granted, he doesn't do half of what I do, and uses very little of the phone's capability (so far, he'll learn!!)  Compared to an S6 I had that needed charging mid-day, and in the car, I am quite satisfied with the battery life on the Pixel!