Why are promo amounts higher when logged in versus not logged in.
bouncer43

I was looking at the promos for the 128 gig pixel today however when I logged into my account and checked the same promos they were charging me more.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why are promo amounts higher when logged in versus not logged in.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How exactly were they different?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bouncer43

If I log in the phone shows being $869.99 or $25.00 per month, when I log out the same phone is $749.99 or $15.00 per month.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Pixel XL 128 GB is $869.99 or $25.00 per month on the Black Friday deal.

The Pixel 128 GB is $749.99 or $15.00 per month on the same deal.

Are you sure you was looking at the same device?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ThunderWeasel

I had called on the 25th and was only able to get $10 credit/month after the 3rd month.  Just after that had my parents call and there was no promo for the XL anymore (after the guy had discussed a $10 pixel and $15 XL monthly credit deal).  I had checked the site when they started saying the only deal was on the regular Pixel, and found that it was back to it's original price.  We had Pixel XLs on order since October, had to cancel those orders to try and get the discounted prices.  In the end I will someday get a black 128GB XL for $26.24 ( not the $25.00 that was on the site at the time) / month (after the third payment).   My parents however couldn't get any deal, but supposedly after much discussion they were able to get the order put in with the original ETA date (actually already delayed once).  After we dealt with the Note 7 fiasco, I am sorry I mentioned the black Friday deals it to my parents, think her call went on for around 3 hours.

From reading the various forms there seems to be far too much screwing around where deals and prices are concerned.

1. VZW should fix mine and my parents orders....

2. No more of this monthly credit stuff, just take the money off the total at purchase.

3. The Pixel XL should have started at a lower price to start.  Seems Google didn't expect to sell this many.

4. Just because, there should be NO phones made this year or going on with anything less than 64GB of storage, 32 is not enough especially when you can't off load pictures and videos to a Micro SD card.

Hope others had better luck.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can too off load pictures, by plugging it into a computer and moving the pictures and videos to the computer on a regular basis.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

ThunderWeasel wrote:

2. No more of this monthly credit stuff, just take the money off the total at purchase.

4. Just because, there should be NO phones made this year or going on with anything less than 64GB of storage, 32 is not enough especially when you can't off load pictures and videos to a Micro SD card.

Hope others had better luck.

Not to discount your frustrations with the deals and promos (I've got my own tale to tell, but that's for another time!!)  But I would like to address the two points that I clipped from your post.

2. Basically, what  you are proposing is the old 2-year contract ...  and this is the new way Verizon is working the numbers and keeping you  attached to their service for 2 years after your purchase.  By stretching the credits out over two years, you have to stay connected to Verizon to get the full benefit of the discounted price.  Giving it all to you up front off the purchase price, but expecting payoff of the remaining full retail price when (if) you cancel service before the two years will be your "ETF". 

4.  The Pixel gives you "unlimited" (so they say) Google cloud storage of full resolution photos and videos, so once they are safely backed up to Google cloud, you can easily (way more easily than Verizon cloud IMO) move them from your Google Drive to your computer, or just leave them on Google Drive and access them from there, and so remove them from your phone storage.  My last few phones have been 32 GB and I find that sufficient. YMMV.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, I never actually thought of it that way about the bill credits over 24 months, but that does make sense.  Good thing I am not planning to change service carriers any time soon.