Re: Where is the Oreo 8.1 update?
KettlebellMonk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured out why I wasn't receiving the 8.1 upgrade on my Pixel 2 XL.  After buying my phone I read the Android Central article that advised you to sign up for the Android Beta Program to get the update right away.  I of course did so a few weeks ago while reading that article.   This morning I read a rumour on the Internet that if you signed up for the Beta program then there is confusion in the upgrade priority and you will actually be blocked from getting 8.1.   That was the case for me.   As soon as I opted out of the Beta program I checked for a system update and my 8.1 upgrade was waiting for me.    If you are not receiving 8.1 and are signed up for the Android Beta Program, this might be your issue as well.

jfdeuce1911
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is working for me. I'm pulling down the update right now. Thanks for the tip!

DrewBl666d
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unreal! I've been checking daily for this update since December 5.  Google searched "Google Beta Program," signed in, opted out, and checked for an update and BOOM! there it was.  Download and install took way longer than anticipated.  Now I can functionally connect my Pixel 2 to the car audio via Bluetooth.

Jorje_villafan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hahaha! Thank you!  Been waiting for weeks! I can confirm that unenrolling from Android beta program worked for me! After unenrolling, just checked for update and it was ready on the first try!

https://www.google.com/android/beta?u=0&rapt=AEjHL4PJiNjrm0AAPkgAYqzSE7JS-Bzg3NIPHIcpqEL8HtnmbH6TMfa...

Jimdurt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also can confirm that unenrolling from beta fixed the issue. Before, I could not opt out as it would not show my account as registered on Google Beta.

When I signed in today on Google Beta, it shows up as Pixel 2 XL as being enrolled. Before, Pixel 2 was not listed as an option for the program. This is probably due to changes ( testing) by Google during that time to keep others from enrolling with the Pixel 2 devices.

Thanks for the help.

Verizon, shame on you for not knowing how to resolve. May want to update your checklist so you can actually provide a correct answer going forward.

mrfreeze21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not enrolled in the beta program and I still can't get Oreo 8.1

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern regarding getting the latest software update Mrfreeze21. The software updates cannot be forced. Your phone will receive a notification when an update is available. The updates are not sent to all the phones at once, and when your IMEI comes up in the system, you will be able to update the phone. Does it show you have an update?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrfreeze21
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does not show that I have an update. And I also know that it doesn't take two months to receive an update after it has been pushed out. My phone has the November 5th patch. My phone hasn't been updated since.

0 Likes