What's causing data overage?
SERBAR80
Enthusiast - Level 2

My habits haven't changed, but I keep running through data on pixel xl though I never did on Note 4.

I have failed in trying to make connection to house wifi automatic, as it was before Could that explain it? Also, it keeps wanting to connect to infinity wifi; why?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What's causing data overage?
AZSALUKI
Legend

there's a number of things it "could be." when you get a new phone, you need to update all of your app settings. for example, if you use facebook, make sure the auto play for videos isn't on, or it's set to on wifi only. that's just an example, but there are a lot of things like this that can affect your data usage. it also can record in 4k, so if you've done this and uploaded a video (while not on wifi), the file size is likely enormous. i could go one, but i hope i've given you some things to think about. and as ann154 mentioned, make sure you're checking the data usage on the phone settings, as well as the verizon app (your verizon account). you can set the phone to track data usage based on your actual billing cycle in the settings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you looking at the data usage on the phone? Are you actually connecting to your home wifi?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

there's a number of things it "could be." when you get a new phone, you need to update all of your app settings. for example, if you use facebook, make sure the auto play for videos isn't on, or it's set to on wifi only. that's just an example, but there are a lot of things like this that can affect your data usage. it also can record in 4k, so if you've done this and uploaded a video (while not on wifi), the file size is likely enormous. i could go one, but i hope i've given you some things to think about. and as ann154 mentioned, make sure you're checking the data usage on the phone settings, as well as the verizon app (your verizon account). you can set the phone to track data usage based on your actual billing cycle in the settings.

0 Likes