Re: Verizon Delaying Shipment by a month? Pixel XL
mama23dogs
Legend

It was suggested to replace with a phone already in stock, or take a refund.

pablotn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another who preordered on Oct 18...was given ship date of 11/11, then 11/18.  Neither My Verizon android app nor the web interface status jived.  Nov 18th approached with the andriod app indicating order being processed with estimated shipping of Nov 17.  Web app indicated shipping 12/26 now with Android app still indicating that it is being prepared for shipping. There is no consistent consumer information on order status with everything contradicting themselves. Cei leive

It is frustrating to say the least since both companies should be able to forecast and predict demand for the product. I fell for this same behavior back when the Nexus 6 was released and Google underestimated demand with a huge back order.  I gave up.

Another frustration is you see all of the Youtubers reviewing the Pixel and it makes me want it more...LOL!

Fast forward to now and a company that prides itself on data analytics cannot for the life of them figure it out and forecast the demand of their latest flagship phone...and even with the Note 7/Samsung issues.  Not to mention their inability to prioritize inventory with the exclusive carrier..Verizon.  That and Verizon's inability to deal with this all.  I will tough it out because I want a phone upgrade, but it will make me re-think how me as a consumer falls for this in the future.

Both Google and Verizon need to step up their game.

CHILLYWIG
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have similar story. Ordered 128 black back on 10-21 with a ship date of 11-18. I called to check and chatted online with Reps that guaranteed it would ship on 11-18. But guess what - it did not. Now showing a ship date of 12-26 so I get to wait around for another month to see if my Note 7 explodes. I do not mind waiting but why Verizon thinks it is good to lie to customers is beyond me. Just tell me the truth. I can handle it!

JERSCH76
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are running buy one get one deals and now the black Friday deals but

they can even ship phones that were ordered over a month that ago!!!????!!!

jhnstn00
Enthusiast - Level 1

The delay is now > 2 months.

Order October 19, expected shipping December 26.

128 GB Black Pixel XL.  Business account with 300 devices paying more than $1100 a month. 

Not good service. 

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

How is it not good service?! Your existing lines and phones work correct?

0 Likes
pablotn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe good voice and data service, but not good customer service.  Two completely different forms of service.

0 Likes
SAWINDEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is poor customer service because Verizon is unable to give a new ship date and then hit that date.   I feel bad for their customer service reps because they have no information on when these will ship.   Also,  they charged me for my new phone on 10/17, but haven't delivered a product.   Great business plan,  collect money and never deliver the product.

Anyone know how to contact Google customer service,  would like to let them know I e seen mom & pop operations function and communicate better.   

I've already dropped Verizon on 4 out of my 5 lines due to bad customer service.

0 Likes
JERSCH76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered 128GB from VZ on 10/18. Said 11/18 Ship date. Came and went. Now says 12/26 ship date. Crazy

0 Likes
jbayne14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where are you getting an updated ship date on your order?  Mine doesn't have any update and i ordered on 10/17.......

Would not be surprised to get another screw you email from verizon the day its supposed to ship like they did last time.

0 Likes