Re: Pixel XL wifi calling not working
b1uebird
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using a Pixel 3a XL and the inability to set my phone to wifi preferred is still an issue! We have a network outage in our 1X area and I couldn't make or receive any calls at all until I found this thread.  But having to turn on airplane mode shouldn't be required.  Switching between the cellular network and wifi should be fairly seamless.

0 Likes
deviandia

Same issue.

Have a SOLID Netgear Orbi WiFi network.  All other realtime WiFi is fine

VoLTE and Video Calling is grayed out. These fall under Mobile Radio Power, but I cannot change those settings

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello deviandia,

We know how important it is to have a great working phone. What exactly is happening with your device? What are you trying to do?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
andyubrrre

I also fixed this by going to *#*#4636#*#* and going to phone information but I had no VoLTE options.

My info showed

Mobile Radio Power turned off

VoLTE = ON (greyed out)

Video Calling Provisioned = ON (greyed out)

Wifi Calling = ON (greyed out) 

EAB/Presence Provisioned = ON (greyed out)

I switched Mobile Radio Power to on which turned the Data Network Type from IWLAN to LTE and then my wifi calling worked once again. All other options still show as on and greyed out.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes