Pixel XL Call drops after a few seconds with no network connection?
alaBAI31

I have been experiencing a lot of dropped calls after a few seconds of connecting a call. When I look at my bars there are none and no network connection.  Then after a few more seconds the bars reappear and I can make my call without problems.  This is getting annoying.  Just wondering if any others are experiencing this same issue or is it my phone?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel XL Call drops after a few seconds with no network connection?
supreme81

Same problem here. Tired of it. Google should have had Fisher Price make Pixel, better results probably.

0 Likes
Jace18

Same here.  Dropping calls at random times.  I'm on my replacement pixel and still having the same issues.  I did switch my cellular network from global to lte/cdma and turned off HD calling.  My calls are better but I don't have internet for a good chunk of time.  I also tried getting a new sim as well as doing a factory reset, but that still have me dropped calls.  Only thing working is what I mentioned earlier. I hope this gets fixed soon.

0 Likes
sfernandez

I'm sorry to hear that you've tried all of those methods and after still

having those issues. I replaced my SIM and my issue was fixed.

Scott

0 Likes
Donatello5150

I am having the same problem. Verizon replace my sim and phone. no help.

I have the Bluetooth shut off now, and its been a whole 24hrs since i had a problem. Can anyone else say the same?.. grasping at straws

0 Likes
xip080
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problem, where my signal would drop from full to nothing (like a hollow signal indicator) and drop calls and anything else I'm doing. It could happen anywhere but was most common in specific geographical areas, I think around specific cell towers. Replacing my SIM didn't fix it. After beating my head against the problem for a long time and working with Verizon and Google support, I finally found a workaround on the Google product forums that fixed the problem. Go to:

Settings > Wireless & Networks > More > Cellular networks > Disable Advanced Calling

I hope they fix it soon, because I liked the Advanced Calling features, but for now I'm happy to have a stable signal again.

0 Likes
xip080
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: Disabling Advanced Calling helped the problem but didn't completely fix it.

I talked to Verizon today, and they said they are aware of the problem and there should be a fix soon.

0 Likes
Fmalory

I have had all the same issues VZW is currently shipping my 4th Pixel Xl 128 silver. This is a joke. Everytime I call they want to troubleshoot it, and last night I refused. If they forced my Note 7 out of my hand please have a device that will compatibility replace it.

0 Likes
sfernandez

I spoke too soon. I was issued a refurbished phone as my second Pixel XL. I am currently in VZW seeing what can be done about this issue.

0 Likes
MattAndroidWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have had this problem.  It seems to not be as bad the last few days. But, it's too soon to tell at this point.

0 Likes