Pixel 3 problems.
fasteddie2

My Pixel 3 is about a year and a half old. At times it will go black and freeze everything. If someone calls me during this time, the phone will not disconnect and I have to hold the power button for several minuets to reset it. Sometimes I can't turn it off at all. In a few hours it will turn back on by it self and all is working fine. Can someone explain?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 3 problems.
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

I can't explain "why" this happens, but this happens sometimes as phones get older and go through multiple update cycles, batteries start to get old, etc.  If it was my phone I would backup all personal data (pictures, music, files, etc.) somewhere safe and do a factory reset and start over fresh....but do not install any apps from the Play Store for a few days and don't let any apps auto-update.  That will determine if the phone is OK in a factory condition, or if there is some hardware failure and a new phone is needed.  I know people hate to hear that advice, but that's what I would do (and have done many times over the years).

0 Likes
Re: Pixel 3 problems.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fasteddie2, we understand the importance of ensuring you have a reliable working phone. When did you start experiencing difficulties with your Pixel 3? Were there any certain changes made to your phone or new applications installed when you started experiencing difficulties? Is there any physical or water damage to your phone? 

0 Likes