No Voicemail Notifications on Pixel
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

After close to 6 hours troubleshooting with multiple people on Verizon's Technical support, I still have no voicemail notifications.   I've performed a complete reset, enabled visual voicemail, Turned on/off voicemail, etc. I've yet to receive a voicemail notification since at least December. 

Labels (2)
Re: No Voicemail Notifications on Pixel
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the block Visual Voicemail on your line through your My Verizon account online?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mesovanhorny
Enthusiast - Level 1

SAME here!  VZW engineering enables it in their system, but it immediately is rejected...by their own system.  What gives?  Tech support keeps telling me that "it must be an issue on Google's end."  I've spent probably 8 hours on the phone, I have a case number, and all I get  is a "yep, there's a problem.  But we don't know why."

Ellie18s

My husband and I both have the Google pixel XL. I can not get voicemail notifications on my phone but he can. They are set up the same. We have just the basic voicemail. I've toggled the visual voicemail switch, turned on pager notifications, called support, logged into my acct. I've done everything I can think of! Still nothing....

0 Likes
Pixel2XL

I've had the same problem when I ported my Pixel 2 XL phone over to Verizon.  After a little googling, I discovered that if you get the correct second tier support at Verizon, you may get this issue fixed after they properly remove and re-add certain settings to your Verizon voicemail account.  Another option is to set up voicemail via Google Voice.  Lastly, I found it is even easier to install a third-party phone app (e.g., YouMail), via the Google Play Store, to capture and access your visual voicemail from any of your devices.

0 Likes
pabirds

I had the same problem (no notifications of voicemail). I have a Pixel on Verizon.

It turned out to be a conflict of some sort with an app called Calendar Snooze. This app allows you to select a snooze period after a calendar event goes off (great app!!). However, after the latest Android System update (Pie), Calendar Snooze got turned off somehow. The Voicemail problem started at the same time.

I hadn’t noticed that snooze wasn’t working (don’t ask!), and two sessions with a Verizon Tech didn’t solve the Voicemail problem.

Once I realized that Snooze wasn’t working and turned it back on and reset its notification actions, and then reset the Voicemail notification actions, everything worked!

0 Likes
BosoxSteve

I'm having the same problem, but I don't have the calendar snooze app.  Was happening on Pixel 2XL.  Verizon suggested I needed to replace the phone, which I did.  I now have a brand new Pixel 3XL that set me back $600 that has the exact same problem.  Verizon, have you figured this out yet?  Any one else have suggestions on other apps that may be conflicting?  I also turned off battery optimization for anything remotely related to the the phone app or services.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BosoxSteve,

Being able to use all of the features of your phone is important, especially when you've paid so much for a new one. It can be frustrating to continuously have the same trouble, so we're here to help. How do you typically access your voicemail (*86 or the voicemail icon) on your phone? When did the trouble with the voicemail notifications begin?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
justwantananswer2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ofcourse it is disabled it is another $3 a month to a company I give hundreds to. A voicemail notification should be included with my plan, not an add on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure that your Voicemail is working as expected is a must. Voicemail and notification are included with your plan. Are you not receiving notification? When did this problem start? Are you checking your VoiceMail by dialing or using VIsual VoiceMail? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes