New Pixel 3 Hotspot Issue
Gingerprobs

It looks like I have an issue that many are having regarding buying a new Google pixel 3 from Verizon and finding the hotspot won't work. I get an "Authentication failed. Try again later." Message. It seems some are finding success by putting their old SIM cards in their new phones and getting them activated, can I get help along those lines? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Pixel 3 Hotspot Issue
JoyWhite
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and need an immediate response. I use my hotspot to work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoyWhite, when you rely on your device for work this absolutely will be crucial. We do want to get to the bottom of your service issues. When did this begin? Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software to the phone around that time? When going to the Settings, About phone, what Android version do you have? When you tap the Android version what do you see for the Kernel version?    LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ChaseBrock

OMG Verizon! For the love of God, every reply I've read states that a pm has been sent... Stop sending PM's and answer the questions! Why are so many pixel 3's having this issue? And why in the heck have you not offered a recall if this is not an issue that can be fixed? Or if you can fix it then why not just post the solution!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChaseBrock, We know the importance of using the hotspot feature. The PM's are required in many situations in order for us to access the user account. Does your cellular data work (internet/apps)?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes