My Google photos icon disappeared from messaging app...
JMAZZOCCHI

My Google Photos icon has disappeared from my text messaging app. I can't access it to send saved pics. My messaging app allows saved pics on my camera, emojis, gifs, camera access, etc but the Google photos icon is gone. It still appears in my apps tray and all pics are there. Was the a recent update on the messaging app? Can anyone help me access my saved Google photos while texting???

I've tried multiple solutions and nothing seems to work. It appears there are newer options available in my message app when I hit the plus sign to attach or insert something, but my Google photos icon doesn't show up anywhere. I'm Uber frustrated. Not sure what to do now.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Google photos icon disappeared from messaging app...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMAZZOCCHI, 

I'm sorry to learn of any issues with your Photos application. What messaging application are you using? When did this begin? Have there been any recent changes (software, applications, device settings)?

Please clarify for me. 

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JMAZZOCCHI

I wasn't aware of any changes although I have automatic updates. I use the

standard Google messenger app that came with the Pixel 2 XL. I downloaded

Textra and it works fine and I can access my Google pics. However, I still

can't attach a pic to my Kik app. I also tried to reinstall Google message

but still no icon to attach pics from my Google photos app. Not sure why it

disappeared.

On Jan 26, 2018 11:27 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Y2krtrider
Enthusiast - Level 1

This just started 2 days ago, I'm using the Samsung message app that came with the phone. Went to the Samsung store here in nj and he couldn't figure it out

dmercer3
Enthusiast - Level 1

im using an iphone and the stock messenger app from apple, the google photos icon used to be an option to send my pics but now its gone on my phone as well....

maybe apple did this to fight google?

mohawk6nations

I have a Pixel 4G and the same thing has happened to me in my Ggogle Messages app since I updated to Android 12. The Gallery link to access my photos to add to text messages is gone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to work with you, please send us a Private Note. *Cecile

0 Likes