How do I use wifi calling on my pixel xl
Clubsota
0 Likes
Re: How do I use wifi calling on my pixel xl
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

More information please. What have you tried? What error do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Clubsota, we want to be sure you can take advantage of wifi calling with your Pixel XL. If this is your first time using it, here’s a great link to help get you started https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/ . Please ensure you check out the “How do I enable Wi-Fi Calling on my Android device?” section. If you’re having issues with your phone, Ann154 has asked some great questions. Also, when did the issue start? Have you been able to use it before? Does your data connection work (while off and on wifi)? Does it work with any other wifi connections?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dandew
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wifi calling used to work on my Pixel XL.  It stopped after it updated to Android 8.1.0. 

d0x360
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just like OP I lost the ability to use wifi calling after the android 8.1 update on my pixel XL.

Now it only gives me the option to use it when roaming.  I'd really like to find a solution to this because call quality was better over wifi due to signal strength

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to make sure that you can stay connected in places where tower signals cannot reach. Have you contacted Verzion Wireless to see if your advanced call settings on still turned on in an account level? When you go to your device settings, are the WIFI and Advanced call settings both turned on? Are you in an area where WIFI calling has worked in the past? Will your phone connect to a WIFI signal in general?

0 Likes
d0x360
Enthusiast - Level 3

The answer to all your questions is yes. I had no issue with WiFi calling

until the the last OTA update. Now I can only turn it on for roaming.

Even google was confused. I had a live chat with screen sharing and we

went through everything, we uninstalled things then installed again, we

changed settings, wifi networks... everything possible.

All I know is it worked perfectly before and now it doesn't. I mostly used

it at home but it doesn't work there anymore which is very unfortunate

because the call quality over Verizon is awful despite having a strong

signal (based on db not the bars) and wifi call quality was excellent. Now

I just keep asking people to repeat themselves.

Definitely something wrong with this update on the pixels.

On Jan 29, 2018 1:34 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

d0x360, I know how important WiFi Calling is. I'm sorry that you're having these troubles since the update. Can you please tell me when you updated the phone? 

Please try these steps: select your Phone icon > Menu (3-dots upper right) > Settings > Calls > WiFi Calling- ON. 

Please confirm if you are able to turn on WiFi Calling successfully. 

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
d0x360
Enthusiast - Level 3

I updated the phone a few weeks ago then updated again (all via Verizon

OTA) and I believe the 2nd update was just a security patch.

On Jan 31, 2018 2:06 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

d0x360, having that connection is absolutely something that we want for your phone. When you attempt to physically turn on Wi-Fi calling, do you receive some error message? Other than the software update, do you recall adding any new apps or games to the phone recently? 

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!  

0 Likes