Re: How do I enable the bluetooth Message Access Profile on a Pixel 2 XL
gregl_vzw
Verizon Employee

Being able to view your message content on your vehicle's display can be very convenient, pv845. I am happy to assist and continue to work with you to get your messages displayed. Which messaging application are you using on your Pixel 2 XL?

Also, have you gone into the application's settings and checked the permissions there? This can be done by going into 'Settings', then 'Apps & notifications', followed by 'App permissions'. Here you can check the 'SMS permissions' along with the 'Additional Permissions' as you can see 'Car Permissions'. Let me know if you're able to see your vehicles here and if you're able to adjust any permissions.

Greg_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pv845
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the stock Android Messenger app.

I checked in SMS permissions and the messenger app has that permission.

Under additional permissions, there is no car permissions. There is only car information permissions and there are no apps listed under this option.

0 Likes
Dannie8

Did you ever figure this problem out? I am having the same issue. My 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We can see how having trouble with your Google Pixel 2 XL is alarming. Gladly we can assist and make sure you can continue using your device. What issues are you having exactly?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes