How do I enable the bluetooth Message Access Profile on a Pixel 2 XL
pv845
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Pixel 2 XL. I drive 2 Honda vehicles. Both need the Bluetooth message access profile enabled to display text messages. How do I enable this feature?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I enable the bluetooth Message Access Profile on a Pixel 2 XL
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you looked at the setting options for each vehicle under the phone's Bluetooth settings?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pv845
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have enabled everything in the bluetooth settings. Nothing allows my texts to be accessed/read by my Honda Pilot or Honda Odyssey. Any other suggestions?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Either the Bluetooth radio on the vehicle is old enough to not support the messages or the phone isn't configured or connected to the radio to allow that option.

I know my car's radio would indicate a new text message received by a Windows phone, but it won't detect text messages received on any of the Android phones I have had since purchasing that car.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pv845
Enthusiast - Level 2

That isn't correct. My wife's iphone works on both. My old Droid Turbo worked. My parent's Motorola Z works. My Pixel 2 XL doesn't.

It may be incorrectly configured but from what I can tell it is due to the lack of the MAP being enable. That is the reason for this message

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well I've had completely different experiences with the same phones I use in my car whenever I get a rental car. The rental car would read the messages on a Moto X 2013 and 2014, but not in my car.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be just as confused if various other devices had the capabilities of connecting to your vehicles and could use the text readout feature. Getting to the root cause is definitely required, so let's get started. If you have not done so already, please unpair your Pixel 2 from both cars. Then, from your Pixel 2, please reset your network settings. Below are the steps. After that has been completed, power cycle your Pixel 2 to retest the connection and see how the readout feature works. http://spr.ly/6587E6Vwf

You can also see if a third party application is causing this issue with Safe Mode. Please do not be alarmed that all third-party applications will be put on hold. Here is a link for the steps: http://spr.ly/6589E6Vw7

Akane_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pv845
Enthusiast - Level 2

This didn't work. Any other ideas? This is extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how frustrating it can be to not have this feature working in your vehicle. Here is a link from Google's support site that may be of some assistance. There is also a link in the forum for additional support. https://support.google.com/pixelphone/#topic=9153446

Derek_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pv845
Enthusiast - Level 2

This did not help at all.

0 Likes