Google Pixel XL Volume issues
GINLAN60

Having issues with my Pixel XL automatically turning the ringer volume down immediately after I turn it up.  Just got in my replacement device and it's having the same issue. I am not able to hear my notifications or calls when they come in! Google support offered no assistance and told me to contact verizon, and the saleman just offered to send me another (3rd) replacement device.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel XL Volume issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have any "Do Not Disturb" settings based on your location or time that would override the volume adjustment you made?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GINLAN60

Sure did, none of the "rules" are currently active. I don't have any third party apps controlling any of the volume settings either, I am truly stumped.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GINLAN60,

Sorry to hear about trouble with you Pixel. We know how important it is to be able to count on your device. Do you have any audio accessories such as headphones or other bluetooth type devces that you use with it?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NEENERESS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I contacted Google support as well and followed all of the instructions below, including the factory reset twice.  I am wondering if it is a fault in the phone that maybe a future software update will fix?

If you are having any audio, speaker, or microphone issues with your device, please follow the steps below.

Step 1: Update to the latest version of Android OS.

• Go to "Settings" > scroll down to "System" > touch About phone (or tablet) > touch System updates.
  • If your device is modified or rooted, revert your device to original factory image since troubleshooting steps may not work on modified/rooted devices. You can use our Nexus factory images to re-image your device.

Step 2: Remove obstructions.

• Remove any cling film, stickers, covers/cases/bumpers, or anything else that can be obstructing the device.

Step 3: Enable safe mode on your device.

1. Ensure your device's screen is on, then press & hold the Power button.
  2. Touch and hold the Power off option in the dialog box.
  3. Touch OK in the following dialog to start safe mode.
  • To exit safe mode, turn your device off and on again.

If you discover that the issue doesn't occur while your device is in safe mode, it's likely that a third-party app or Android OS modification is causing the issue. You can start to use and narrow down your installed apps to try to pinpoint the specific app. When the culprit is identified, you can uninstall the app or contact the developer of the app for further support as follows:

1. Navigate to play.google.com.
  2. Find the app and click on it to view its main page.
  3. Scroll down to the "Additional Information" section. Here, you'll see "Contact Developer" options.

Step 4: While in safe mode, turn off Bluetooth.

1. Go to "Settings" > under "Wireless & Networks", touch Bluetooth.
  2. In Bluetooth settings, if Bluetooth is on, touch the slider to switch Bluetooth off.

Step 5: While in safe mode, make sure the volume is on.

1. Go to "Settings" > under "Device", touch Sound > touch Volumes.
  2. In Volume settings, slide all three indicators all the way to the right to make sure all sound is on and at max volume.
  • Note: When each slider is adjusted, a sound will be heard.

Step 6: Check if the issue is resolved.

• Play with the volume levels to hear sound.
  • Make a test phone call.
  • Use Google Now to test your microphone.

If your issue isn't resolved, continue to the next step.Step 7: Reset your device to factory settings.If you're still unable to resolve the issue, or if the issue is so severe that you can't boot your device into safe mode, resetting your device to factory settings may help. Resetting your device to factory settings will erase all local data on your device. Backup of your personal local data (pictures, music and video files) is recommended.

If your issue has been resolved, great! Let us know.

If your issue was *not* resolved and your device still experiences audio issues, call us or reply to this email and reference that you already went through our Audio troubleshooting steps which included resetting your device to factory settings.

If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. I'm happy to help!

Thanks!
    The Google Support Team