Google Pixel 4 and Wireless Charging Pad Issue
AUNTEE961
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Community,

I am having an issue with my Verizon Wireless charging pad and my Google Pixel 4.

There are times where I'm able to fully charge my phone without issue, and then there are times where I can barely charge. The LED light turns white when it begins to charge and then a few minutes later, flashed red.

I take my phone off the wireless charger and put it back on immediately, the LED light does not turn on. After I take the phone off for a few second and put it back on, the LED lights turns on white, indicating it's charging. A few minutes later, back to flashing red.

I find myself repeating this process 2-3 times before I'm able to get this charger to fully charge my phone, which is quite annoying and is unreliable if I need to overnight charge my phone.

2 things to keep in mind, this issue occurs regardless if my phone's case is ON or OFF, this issue still persists.

I'm using the following wireless charger in the link below.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/products/verizon-wireless-charging-pad-qi-compatible-fast-charge/#re...

Any ideas as to what this could be about?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel 4 and Wireless Charging Pad Issue
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try a different charger and see if the problem follows.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with wirelessly charging your Google Pixel 4, AUNTEE961. That's certainly not the experience we would want for you and we're happy to help out. Have you tried out a different wireless charger with your phone to see if the issues happen even with a different wireless charger? Is there any damage to either the charger or your phone at all? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
kburley1993

I am having the same issue. Just got the phone and charger and i have positioned it many ways, phone case off and on, etc and it always ends up blinking red within a couple minutes or less.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kburley1993, having a working charger is imperative, and I definitely want to make sure that we can help determine the cause of this issue today. Does the issue happen with other devices that you attempted to charge on the pad as well? Have you ever been able to use the charging pad successfully on your Google Pixel 4? When did you purchase the charging pad?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
AlittleOdd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue with my Google Pixel 4 XL I literally just got this phone. The wireless charger is new and it won't pick up the charge. It will connect for a few seconds and stop but before that it wouldn't even work with the USB c charger that it came with so I don't know what the heck's going on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AlittleOdd, we want your Google Pixel 4 XL charging normally and as it was designed to. If applicable, do you notice any difference in wireless charging if you take your phone case off?

Do you notice if your charging port is loose or bent in any way?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
nascar5martin

Why do you ask about their charging port bent? Do you not understand what wireless charging is?

0 Likes