Google Pixel 2 screen goes black during a call and Im unable to retrieve until the line is released, terrible phone
tinatywalker
Enthusiast - Level 1

this phone screen is not accessible when a call has been placed of in the middle of a call, I cant retrieve the key pad at all until the call disconnects.  I have had this same issue for over 1 1/2years I will never buy or suggest this phone to anyone

Labels (1)
RE: Google Pixel 2 screen goes black during a call Im unable to retrieve until the line is released
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tinatywalker, I can understand how not being able to access your screen while you're on a call can be upsetting. You mentioned you've been dealing with this for over one and a half years, and we want to help! Google has identified this as a known issue. Please ensure your device software is up to date using the steps here: http://spr.ly/6605E29Zf Next, remove any existing screen protectors from your device and wipe your screen. This can cause your proximity sensor to believe your device is being held to your ear. Does this help?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel 2 screen goes black during a call and Im unable to retrieve until the line is released, terrible phone
Redsonja22

This happened in prior update as well. To fix do the following. You also might want to save this as updates seem to either change default back to original settings on certain things, has been kinda hit or miss.

From a Home screen, tap Phone icon  (lower-left).  If unavailable, swipe up to display all apps, then tap Phone.

Tap the Menu icon  (upper-right) then tap Settings.

Tap Accessibility.

Tap TTY mode.

Tap the desired TTY mode:

Change to

TTY Full: Enables all TTY settings

0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel 2 screen goes black during a call and Im unable to retrieve until the line is released, terrible phone
Redsonja22

Meant to say toggle it on and off should fix 

0 Likes