Cloud contacts not updating?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Last night my husband's Pixel received a security update.  This morning, he gets a notification that his (Verizon) cloud contacts update failed.  Anyone else receive the update and see this behavior?

His contacts appear to be intact, and we have them backed up to Google as well.  I have the same phone, but mine has not received the security update yet.  He's (understandably) frustrated at the error message!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud contacts not updating?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the January security update installed, but since I don't use the Verizon Cloud for the contacts I haven't seen any errors.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Cloud contacts not updating?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

We use both Verizon cloud and Google for contacts backup.  That's the only thing we use the cloud for, so that our Verizon Messages will show contact names!!

After fiddling around with his MyVerizon account, and his phone cloud app, and some login errors (?) we finally were able to log in to his cloud on the phone and do a successful backup.  Not sure why the login on the phone didn't work, then did work.  It's just a flaky app ... but I like Verizon messages so I keep the cloud contacts list synced with Verizon for that reason.

We'll see what happens when my phone gets the January update (last one was December 6 on my phone).  But hubby's is fixed for now.