Cell signal reception issues
jorhay

Anyone else having poor cell reception with their pixel? I'm about 12 hours in and have horrible signal quality compared to my 6P. Curious what others experiences are.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cell signal reception issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your zip code? Which network mode is the phone set to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

I've had mine for a few days now and haven't noticed any worse signal (coming from a gs6). It's been what I usually get.

rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

There seems to be an issue with the Pixel phones in general. I found an article stating the Pixels in general have a weak antenna compared to other phones.

I had the Pixel XL I bought from Google directly and used it on AT&T. My Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P as well as all previous phones have excellent cell strength on AT&T. I can see an AT&T tower from my front porch but the Pixel XL was awful.

I returned it and ended up getting the Pixel through Verizon. There are two Verizon towers close to my house and while the signal is better it is no where near as good as it was when I used a Moto X 2013 and Nexus 6 on Verizon. Google and Verizon need to send an update to fix the antenna/signal issue.

0 Likes