Cannot connect to home WiFi but other networks are fine.
GRADEC81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I'm stumped. After updating my phone it refuses to even attempt to log on to my WiFi. Won't even get as far as to verify the password.
So far I've tried:
Kicking everything else off of the network.
Changing the SSID.
Changing the password.
Creating a second SSID.
Rebooting both the DSL Modem and my phone multiple times.
Forgetting and then adding the SSID back in.
Booting into Safe Mode on my Pixel.
Nothing is having any effect. I was able to connect to WiFi at both of my jobs today just fine. No issues what so ever. My Pixel just seems to suddenly hate my home for some reason after flashing the update. Does ANYONE have any idea as to what might have happened and how to fix it?

Labels (2)
Re: Cannot connect to home WiFi but other networks are fine.
stef7
Master - Level 2

if you just took an update, try a System Cache Clear via the recovery/boot menu (Google it).

If that doesn't work, backup your content and perform a Factory Data Reset.

Other things you could try:

Log onto your WiFi with a Static IP (while this may work, I think it's a work-around).

Enable Developer/Debug options and look for a WiFi Connection Method Alternative Setting (not sure what      this is actually called. Sorry)

0 Likes
GRADEC81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions.  Neither option worked for me either.  I've also tried using solutions from multiple web sources with no luck either.  One day the WiFi connected for a little bit but after I left my house and came back it went back to refusing to connect to my signal again.  My phone was just sitting on the table not being touched when it decided to connect also.  This is really weird and frustrating.

Google Groups

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/597pen/google_pixel_xl_wifi_authentication_failed/?st=...

https://www.orduh.com/fix-google-pixel-wont-connect-to-wifi/#change_the_google_pixel_ip_settings

https://www.reddit.com/r/techhelp/comments/5i154i/google_pixel_stuck_obtaining_ip_address_on/?st=jaq...

0 Likes
Capt_Salazar

I've had the same issue since the last update except my phone would finally connect to the Wi-Fi in safemode. I can't leave my phone in safemode though so I'm not sure what else to do other than uninstall the update, which I really don't want to do.

Sorry you're having this issue too but at least now I know I'm not going crazy!

0 Likes
NANBRE26

It started happening to me. I spent hours trying to troubleshoot using a lot of the advice on forums. Well, one person hit it right. Verizon had a recent security app added which I never noticed before. Go to apps and disable it. Confirm you want it disabled. It will ask if you want to go to factory version. Click yes. On came my wireless icon!!!!

0 Likes
NANBRE26

See my reply today to another person , February 16, 2018. It was related to a security app from Verizon which was either new or recently updated. I disabled it and opted for factory version. Then my wifi icon appeared and finally connected. I hope Verizon makes this known or fixes it. What a frustrating situation this has been.

0 Likes
NANBRE26

See my other replies today with the solution....thanks to someone else on another forum. I wanted to share because it was so frustrating to me to have suddenly occurred.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GRADEC81, it's difficult to manage usage when you're not able to connect to Wi-Fi. Our community has provided some great advice, and NANBRE26 did find the temporary workaround. Now that there's another software update available, we recommend updating your device so you can regain the security provided by our security application. Here's a link with steps:http://vz.to/2BCJGjl

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes