Caller Name ID
CMS424
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will Caller Name ID be available for the Pixel 2? Your site says it is available for "all Android devices" so I was disappointed to learn that it is not compatible.

Labels (2)
Re: Caller Name ID
deloused
Master - Level 3

The timeframe would be unknown, but as soon as the development & testing process is completed and then approved by Google the Pixel 2 will be added to the list of supported devices here-

Verizon Caller Name ID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hope you're enjoying your Pixel 2, CMS424. The Caller Name Id app is a great app available to help screen and prevent unwanted calls. I did review the device and found this feature is available. What happens when you go into the playstore to download the app? What is your current device software, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215091/.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CMS424
Enthusiast - Level 2

The app is not available when I search in the Play Store. I was told by

customer service that it is not compatible with the Pixel 2 at this time.

Phone runs Android 8.1

On Dec 19, 2017 9:07 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do apologize for any misinformation provided to you. At this time the Google pixel 2 is not compatible with the caller name id service. This is due to the phone already having this feature built in. To clarify, the caller's name is displayed on the incoming call screen and in the call logs for callers not already in your Contacts. I hope this helps with your concern.

0 Likes
CMS424
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not found the built in Caller ID to be very useful. If Verizon ever

makes it available, I would reactivate the service.

On Dec 21, 2017 10:19 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes