Re: Black Friday Pixel XL
BRISIL64
Enthusiast - Level 2

One more update - I called regarding this again...this time the representative was able to find the promotion for the Pixel XL.  For the first time, the representative actually opened a ticket for a credit to be applied, along with an adjustment to be made to 20.00 per month.  Fingers crossed this actually gets resolved.  The text says it will be taken care wthin 7 days.  First glimmer of hope.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The rep said 7 days for me too. A month later and still no credit. All the reps I talked to were able to find the promotion especially since I could point them to the exact press release outlining that deal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Avalanche88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't know if it made any difference or not, but I always chat with a Verizon Wireless rep online (thru their website), so I can have a copy of the conversation, and if I ever have to contact them again, I am able to reference the previous chat session (if you click on the mail icon at the top of the chat window, you can provide them with an e-mail address, and after you're done chatting, they will send a copy of the conversation to your e-mail with a reference number). Perhaps referencing a previous chat session regarding the same issue was able to speed up my resolution? Worth a shot if you haven't tried contacting them thru that method.

0 Likes
djungo12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's what I got from Verizon rep:

The account should receive the credit within 2-3 billing, however due to the high demand and validation of the devices a delay of credit is also expected.

I have already submitted an escalation to make sure that you will be able to get the credit of your devices starting next bill cycle.

Rest assured that the account will be able to receive a refund/credit for the past months that the credit was not able to apply.

Hopefully Verizon keeps their promise and I will get the credit on my next bill. I can see the next bill on the 28th.

MISS_AZAR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this problem too, just got my 4th bill without the discount on it.  I did the black friday trade in deal with the pixel (not the xl).  The online chat representative told me to call in for help, and the guy on the phone said he would put in a Promotional Escalation form and that it will take 2-3 days for me to get my credits.   Hopefully this is true.  I contacted them last month when I didn't see the credit on my third bill, and they said it would show up on my 4th bill.  We'll see if this works.

0 Likes
DONBOL29
Enthusiast - Level 2

This whole Black Friday promotion deal is ludicrous. I am still waiting for my credit for buying a Pixel on Black Friday. Seriously, Verizon's checkout and billing system is disastrous, how hard is it to automatically program the system to automatically apply the promotion to any account that buys a promotion-eligible phone between the valid hours and days of the promotion? If a major vendor like Amazon had issues like this for their sales and promotions they'd lose so much revenue. I feel I shouldn't have to be calling and posting here to fix what should have been automatically applied!

Avalanche88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed! I think the biggest reason they don't apply the credits automatically is for 2 reasons, (but they're both poor excuses)... 1. They want to wait until the return window has passed, so they don't have to bill you for what they credited you --- that's a poor excuse for 2 reasons, 1 because they don't give you 90 days to return a phone, and 2 because it's just as easy for them to charge you as it is for them to credit you, but I suppose if you jump ship and go somewhere else, this could be a legitimate reason??... And the second reason why they don't automatically apply the credit is because your account has to be in good standing (paid up) before they'll give you credits... Again, this is a poor excuse because it shouldn't take them 90 days to figure out if your account is in good standing! But regardless of their excuses, I totally agree with you that it shouldn't be a chore to get credits we are owed!

scottiniowa
Enthusiast - Level 1

finally, finally, finally got my credit for my Pixel (non XL).  Many many chat sessions.  We'll see if it continues beyond this month.

MISS_AZAR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: I did get the credit in 3 days, like the rep said I would, but it was for a whopping $16. Total. I called back and the rep said I was given the wrong discount. He found the correct one that brings the phone to half off and said it would show on my next bill. I asked why wouldn't it show in 2-3 days like the last one? His answer didn't make sense so I'm hoping he was wrong and I will see the credit in 3 days.

I am baffled that it is taking so much effort to get this discount!

0 Likes
katim_vzw
Verizon Employee

stpenn123,

I'm shocked to hear of the concerns you've been having. I sent you a Private Message.

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes