Being Charged for a Returned Phone
agierhah

I returned a broken google pixel 3 that was under warranty. I followed all the instructions for returning the phone and received a receipt from the UPS store. I kept getting notices that I would be charged if the phone wasn't received. I contacted support via chat and was told by a verizon rep that you all had the phone and the messages were in error. Then the charge showed up on my bill and suddenly no one has any idea where the phone is. UPS tracking lists the package as "in transit" and they attest that it's you all who did not log the package properly when it arrived at your facility. 

I have called and called and spent hours on the phone. I have a bill now for over $1000 for a phone I don't have and this is egregious. I see that this is a common thing with your company and I think it's deplorable. I want this addressed immidiately. It stands to affect my phone service and my credit, and I have done nothing wrong. Someone needs to do something about this. It appear Verzion "loses" phone in their warehouse and then abuses their custormer by charging them and doing nothing to resolve it. Every person I've talked to there has told me it would be taken care and it hasn't. I feel helpless and angry, and this is just wrong. 

If I would have lost the phone and filed a claim for it, it would have only cost me $150. Now you're telling me that you all lose a broken phone and now I'm supposed to pay the full market price for it. This is evil. You all are evil. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Being Charged for a Returned Phone
KWCRod4

I received the iPhone pro 11 but I had ordered the iPhone pro Max! I contacted Verizon was told I could exchange it for free but there would be a two week delay! I waited for the phone I wanted but the box to send out my other didn't come until a week after that while I was on vacation! I was charged taxes three times. As soon as i returned home I sent the phone back Verizon received it and now has charged me $1149 for the iPhone 11 pro that was never opened. Due to pro max not even coming for two weeks I was already over the two weeks to exchange it. Not only was I charged a restocking fee but taxes for the third time. After running through circles for a week and being told the charge is valid  I will be disconnecting my service and they will be losing a loyal customer and my attorney and I will be going to take steps to recover the money I'm out! I asked for forms or whom I needed to speak with to dispute this and all times refused stating the manager decided the charges were valid and nothing could be done. My attorney already stated lots can be done beware of the way they feel it's ok to take your money and the phone! Verizon I thought you were for the customer! 

0 Likes
Re: Being Charged for a Returned Phone
bnl138
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has this been resolved for you yet?! Verizon literally just tried billing me for the same reason and I’m angry. I don’t know what to do. They are trying to charge me the remaining balance on a previously leased phone that I RETURNED to them