why are my msgs delayed for 10-15 minutes before my phone alerts me to them?
Jon235

Time stamp on msgs and the time my phone receives them has been increasing in the last couple months, it's about 15 min now. . .what gives?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: why are my msgs delayed for 10-15 minutes before my phone alerts me to them?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the notification at the time you get your message is essential, Jon235. Let's see what could be causing the delay. What make and model phone are you using? Are you using the Verizon Messages app for texting or another app?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: why are my msgs delayed for 10-15 minutes before my phone alerts me to them?
Jon235

Droid Maxx, I assume it is the Verizon msg app, it's the app that was on my home screen when I got the phone. It doesn't identify itself other than 'Messaging'

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds more like the default Motorola message application to me.

The Verizon Messages application has a red icon.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It definitely sounds like you are using the native messaging app on your Droid Maxx. Does the behavior persist if you reset the app by going to  Settings > Apps > from the All tab, find messages > Tap Stop > tap OK > Tap Clear data > tap OK

Power the phone off and on. Please let me know the results of your message delivery. 

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jon235

I tried resetting the Messaging app, no change. Now that I know it was not the Verizon product, I installed the Message+ app and am using that as the default service. Thx for your help!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome to hear Jon235, I am happy to hear that we were able to figure this out together as a team. I personally wouldn't be able to function with delayed messages. Just to clarify, after using the Verizon + application, everything is working now?

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes