Re: update
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Tidbits
Legend

Click bait... Reports that it will be upgraded to 5.1 was directly from Motorola. They specifically said in their own words. Devices that haven't received 5.0 and were slated to and have not received it will be upgraded to 5.1. This make so much sense. All the problems you hear from the S5 to the Note 4 to the One M7 and M8 is due to bugs in 5.0 to 5.0.2. Google acknowledged them and said 5.1 will fix them. Sure you'll have to wait longer... At least you don't have to deal with a lot of the memory bugs.

RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon also told us that once Advanced Calling was enabled we would be able to  surf & talk simultaneously. I am stationary in what verizon claims is a full 4G area and better than 60% of my attempts to access data (with AC turned on &  added to my device account) I get booted out of the voice call &  presented with the data use is not possible.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to see you enjoying all the benefits the Turbo has to offer, RobB772. Prior to placing a call, is your phone reflecting an LTE signal or WiFi signal? In addition to adding the Advance Calling feature through My Verizon, have you also gone into the phone's Settings > Advanced Calling to turn on the HD Voice & Video Calling option?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

If you had read the post you responded to you would already know that AC is on and has been added to the account. As to the question of LTE or WiFi, I am (should be)  connected as LTE (LTE symbol is white, 2 bars) but.... Even though verizon claims I am in full (not extended) LTE coverage per the published map my signal strength is -119dBm. Oh,  I am outside under a clear blue sky not near a blocking structure. I can change to connect to my home WiFi and will be able to access data so that points me to the 4G LTE coverage isn't as covered as you are showing & promoting on your website. I have subsequently turned off AC in settings so I can at least attempt to access data without dropping the call I am on.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate the clarification, RobB772. I wanted to be sure it wasn't only turned on in the account but on the phone itself. I did check the 14624 area and do show LTE coverage is generally strong. If the device reflects LTE and stays on LTE or switches to WiFi, the call will be able to continue simultaneously with data use. But if you do happen into a weaker LTE area and the service goes to 3G or even 1x, it can create the dropped connection and will not allow the ability for simultaneous access. The 14624 area is pretty big though. Do you have this LTE strength in a particular area of town or does this occur everywhere you go? Did you have an LTE capable device with us before the Turbo?

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

I appreciate the clarification, RobB772. I wanted to be sure it wasn't only turned on in the account but on the phone itself. I did check the 14624 area and do show LTE coverage is generally strong. If the device reflects LTE and stays on LTE or switches to WiFi, the call will be able to continue simultaneously with data use. But if you do happen into a weaker LTE area and the service goes to 3G or even 1x, it can create the dropped connection and will not allow the ability for simultaneous access. The 14624 area is pretty big though. Do you have this LTE strength in a particular area of town or does this occur everywhere you go? Did you have an LTE capable device with us before the Turbo?

JenniferH_VZW

With a signal strength of -119dBm I've decided to use Tasker to switch wifi on when I am at home and off when I'm not. That way I am guaranteed simultaneous voice and data in my home. The only areas I can get full bars 4G LTE is around the area colleges (Wouldn't want those $'s going away after complaints to Dad & Mom about crappy service).

I've decided that dropped calls and calls not ringing but going to voicemail is not worth keeping AC turned on in my settings.I will wait to see the change log for the 5.1 update and see if these issues are addressed.

Had 2 previous LTE capable devices that weren't crippled by the data & voice incompatablity on the 3G network and have an iPhone 5. I know I won't be purchasing a Verizon exclusive device again

Platitudes and scripted resonses feining concern are a major contributor to customer ire.

gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I agree.  They show 4G LTE coverage in my area, NOW they are saying it's marginal? Verizons maps are WRONG. I cannot, honestly recommend Verizon to people anymore, due to the maps being WRONG.  No CSR can explain why they tell me with a 4G LTE capable phone they are telling me to get a Network Extender, when all my other previous phones did not need one., Droid Turbo. For me this is a HORRIBLE phone with bad reception. And @ Verizon, how about correcting your coverage maps?

deb1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live just outside d.c. in a 4g area. Had 4g with the maxx and all the phones before. I brought this up to a Verizon rep since I'm on my 3rd turbo in 4months, and was told that my area is spotty. Seriously!? When will they admit the turbo is crap and just replace them all already?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deb1980 It has to be annoying to have 3 phones replaced in 4 months. We have to figure out what the root cause of these issues are as the phone is not being recalled or replaced  with with a different model. What were the main reasons for all of the other turbo devices being replaced? What is the issues with the current one?

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes