how do i remove basic visual voice mail and only use basic voicemail
msaaaaaaas

I currently have not been able to set-up my voicemail without using the Basic Visual Voicemail feature, which I do not want.  I went into "my Verizon" account and removed that feature from the device product but it still is there.  I gave me a message to wait 30 minutes and it would be gone from my options, but 4 days later, the feature is still my only option for setting up voicemail.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: how do i remove basic visual voice mail and only use basic voicemail
Snn5
Legend

Opting out of the Visual VM service after setting up visual vm is the way I kept basic visual vm and opted out of the premium vvm.  I did so from my account in My Verizon and from within the app.  You can use basic regular voicemail by dialing *86.  Also, most dialer screens have a long-press of the #1 button.  You can also create a direct dial or speed dial contact for the home screen.

0 Likes
jonmarchant

I am trying to do the same thing, but I can't even find the place on myverizon to try to remove the service. How do I do that? All I can find is places to upgrade to a more expensive version, not to downgrade. Does anybody have step-by-step instructions?

Twice since visual voicemail was installed on my phone (without my consent) I have been in places with weak or variable 4G/3G/1X/wifi (Yosemite Valley, etc.). Visual voice mail kept notifying me of nonexistent messages, and was draining my battery at an alarming rate. It was so bad that the phone was uncomfortably hot to the touch.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Maybe your My Verizon looks similar to mine.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
jonmarchant

I can't find that anywhere, and a search for "account overview" comes up with 1043 results, none of which are actually account overview. I gave up and used the online chat service and they did it right away.

0 Likes