bought a new phone issues with pictures
singintippy

I have a huge problem....I just recently purchased a new phone...the droid razor....the person that helped me told me that i could take my SD from my old phone and put it into my new one and everything would be there....well it's not. I have all my contacts and from what i gather i have everything else but my pictures wont show up in my gallery. I put the SD card back into my old phone and they don't show up there for some reason either....have i lost all my pics or is there some way to get them back?

thanks for any help at all

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: bought a new phone issues with pictures
B33
Legend

Have you Tried putting the Card in a Reader then Up Loading your Pictures to your Computer.?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Do you have any of your Pictures on your Old Device still on it Meaning in your Internal storage if So you can send them to your Razr by Bluetooth, By Messaging it may take some time but i have done this in the Past..

0 Likes
vstjames
Contributor - Level 1

Well, , you could try this. It may work. It may not.

1). If you've put the card in a reader on your computer and you see your pics, then transfer the pics (or all data) to a folder on your computer. Put the SD card back into the phone, reformat the card, then reboot phone. Connect phone to computer via usb, and transfer files to phone via usb or MotoCast. When removing or replacng the SDcard, never do it with the phone powered on. And, be sure to 'unmount' the card first if it's in the phone.

2) If your SDcard doesn't not show files on your computer....then the card is probably corrupted and you will need to buy a new SDcard. Anything you might get off the card will most likely be corrupted as well.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

V.J. i'm wondering in this Case:  The OP said they took it out of there old Device to put it in the New one the Razr i'm wondering if when that happened it Might have been Formatted to the Razr when it was installed in it.. I was thinking i heard but might be Wrong these new phones auto format the Card's.

Can that happen Tidbits..

0 Likes
vstjames
Contributor - Level 1

Good point. I don't know if they auto-format or not. One way to find out: if you have a spare SDcard lying about, make sure it has contents, then copy said contents to computer/laptop, then, pop it into the phone, power on the phone and see what happens! Also, the thing about most electronics is they can be sensitive to electric shocks. And, just handling one, touching one of the gold contacts, and boom, all gone bye bye because of an unexpected shock that you may not even have noticed. Doesn't happen often but certainly can and has occurred.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is So Correct on the Contacts that's Why i push so Hard on Handling Sim Card's There So fragile just like a Baby you Take care of your Baby with the Up-most importance same goes with these cards one touch to that gold Surface or bending it Slightly and it's toast or could be that's why when i take my cards out of the Holder i Use a X-acto knife to cut the Tabs then i lift the outer Card away the i insert the Card by it's Edges..

0 Likes
vstjames
Contributor - Level 1

Yes! Always handle SDcards by the edges and always be careful of the surface you place them on. Foam, like the kind in shipping boxes are notorious for causing static electricity. Carpeting and some shoes will also cause static electricity. I learned long time ago, if I'm going inside the computer box to remove or replace or add something (such as memory), I touch the metal frame first which acts as a ground.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Usually when handling things like that V.J. i like doing it Sans shoes & socks i leave the Shorts on though.! b33

0 Likes