Your upgrade failed + replaced my phone = Faulty charger!
robert71

Dear Verizon,

Ever since my Droid Moto Razr phone was replaced with the Droid Moto Razr HD (after the Verizon update destroyed my Wi-Fi connectivity), the new charger that came with the Droid Moto Razr HD has been non-reliable in charging the phone. I got rid of the Droid Moto Razr and the accessories and have been using what you replaced it with...the Droid Moto Razr HD and it's accessories. I often have to prop up the phone to charge with the charger, or use the cable from a friend to charge the phone.

I would hope that you can replace this and fix this issue, as I thought this phone change nightmare had already been put to rest !!!

Please advise.

Regards,

Rob

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Your upgrade failed + replaced my phone = Faulty charger!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What about purchasing a new Motorola charger from Amazon or another site?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
robert71

Sure, if Verizon is replacing the faulty charger that came with the phone they had to replace due to their faulty upgrade, then why not? I don't care where they get it from.....as long as it works.

I'm sure any right-minded consumer would not pay out of pocket for something that does not work when what they had before was working until an UN-TESTED update was blasted out to us like we were lab rats.

Verizon - any reply??

0 Likes
Re: Your upgrade failed replaced my phone = Faulty charger!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the need for a reliable charger robert71! Have you tested this charger with another compatible device? How about different outlets with the existing charger? Based on your description of positioning the charger, I also recommend a hands on evaluation at a store location. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
robert71

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I did try it with my wife's and sister's phones the other

day, however, that's before the black rubber came off the wire nearest

the plug, and exposed copper wire. When my toddler came over to be his

nosy self and wanted to touch the shiny copper, I realized that this is

a safety hazard, as well, so I tossed it ASAP. Now I need to charge it

in the car, and since I cannot leave my son alone in the house, I have

to drag him in and out to charge the phone, check it, and then bring it

back in when charged.

I had the previous phone and the cable was fine, but after you guys

replaced the phone, the new cable was defective and could have caused

a catastrophe here.

Everything was fine until you had to replace my phone after a mandatory

upgrade you pushed.

Please help a long-term customer be able to charge his phone from

inside his home!

Regards,

Rob E

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

created the discussion

"Re: Your upgrade failed replaced my phone = Faulty charger!"

To view the discussion, visit:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1041591#1041591

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@robert71,

I totally understand how inconvenient it must be to have to go out to your car to charge the phone. I see you mentioned you threw away the charger that came with the phone since was not working and the wires were exposed. Did you get a chance to take in your phone and charger into a VZW store for a hands evaluation?

Have you tried using a different charger on this phone? Do you still have the charger for your previous phone? All chargers come with a one year warranty, but we would need to see the defect charger before we can replace it. Since you threw it out, we are unable to replace it. You can purchase a new charger at any VZW store or online here http://vz.to/IUto6b.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
robert71

Hi,

Are you seriously asking me to take the frayed wire from my recycling

bin and go to the store with it after I pay almost $200 per month? How

would you feel is someone asked your wife or mother to do that? Sure,

I'll do that, but it doesn't speak much for your character. $200/month

($2400/year) and you think I am trying to beat you out of a $20

charger? The news stations will love this story if I have to report it

to them.

"Have you tried using a different charger on this phone?" Yes, my car

charger works perfectly as well as the wall charger my sister let me

use one day.

"Do you still have the charger for your previous phone?" No, once you

had to replace my phone, I started fresh with the new phone.

So I dug the cable from the recycling bin. Now what?

Regards

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robert71,

Thank you for your response; our intention was not to offend you by asking about the evaluation on the charger. The warranty on the accessory may replace it at no cost to you, but since it's through a warranty, the defective accessory has to be returned to the manufacturer. I appreciate your understanding in the situation, were you able to take into a Verizon Wireless store for evaluation? One of our stores can help you with the warranty replacement.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
robert71

Thanks.

Earlier today, I went to the Verizon Wireless Store in Howard Beach, NY, and I spoke with an Anthony there. He and another co-worker said my charger clearly shows the wire is "mangled" and they saw how flimsy it was, where the rubber came off the exposed copper wires.

However, they were confused as to why I was sent to a Verizon Wireless store, and that based on my account and my longevity with Verizon (more than 12 years), that this $30 cable should have already been replaced for a good long-standing customer, like myself.

With all due respect, this has been a very unpleasant experience. If I do not get a new, non-refurbished, working charger to replace the one you sent me, I will definitely start calling CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX, in order to let them know and to show them the ridiculous requests for taking risks with exposed copper electrical wires around children. I will pull strings with my Uncle, who runs the Evening News division at CBS and let him know the risks you have put me through, and I will not stop until I either get this replaced, or the alternative, the suspension of those who have strung this along.

Awaiting the immediate resolution of this issue.

Regards,

Rob

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi robert71!

I'd love to get to the bottom of this for you once and for all! Of course we want you to have safe, working equipment.

I've followed you in the forums. Please accept me and follow me back. Then, send a DM and it will come right to me. I'll take ownership of this and check things out.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes