Why wont wi-fi work when a device is tethered via bluetooth?
tswelsh

When I tether my pad to my phone using Bluetooth, it tells me it cannot do that with Wifi turned on.  It then forces me to turn off the wifi.  This leads to the problem that when I go home my phone will not connect automatically to my home network because the wifi is turned off.  Is there a simple solution?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: wifi will not work when a device is tethered via bluetooth
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The simplest is to manually turn on the wifi radio. I personally don't like to keep radios on when I don't plan to use them. So I manually turn off the Wifi radio when I leave my home and turn off the cellular data connection when I get home. Since I can turn both on and off from the notification shade, it takes only a few seconds.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The simplest is to manually turn on the wifi radio. I personally don't like to keep radios on when I don't plan to use them. So I manually turn off the Wifi radio when I leave my home and turn off the cellular data connection when I get home. Since I can turn both on and off from the notification shade, it takes only a few seconds.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Turning your wifi on and off when in use and not in use will also help with battery life as well.

0 Likes