Why does my Droid Turbo power off, with plenty of battery available, for no reason?
TOMC1057

While on vacation, the phone would just power off for no reason.  Would not turn back on, as it thought the battery was dead.  I also attempted the reboot (Power button & Down button), but the phone did not recognize any battery available.  After about 10 seconds of having the charger on, it would show battery life from about where it was when phone shut down.  There was even a time when the phone shut down while just sitting on the night-stand.  The first time it happened, I was in the middle of taking pictures.  No new APP had been installed recently.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Turbo power off, with plenty of battery available, for no reason?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely odd! May we ask where you on vacation in? Was it here within the United States or Internationally?

KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Turbo power off, with plenty of battery available, for no reason?
MICGAL40
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue...happens to me all the time...in fact it just happened now.  Battery was at 26% and the phone shut off.  Put the phone on the charger and it turned right back on.   I have has this happen for months now and I haven't even traveled anywhere besides my office and home.  I pretty much have to charge my phone continuously.  I can usually only go about two or three hours with out putting the phone on the charger.  As a side note, I use a wireless charger as the USB charger is hot and miss...the phone eats cords...lol!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICGAL40,

I'm concerned to hear that you are experiencing issues with your phone dying before the battery has fully discharged. Let's figure out what's causing this, so you don't have to charge your phone so frequently.

Please follow the steps at the link below to complete a Device Health Check. This will tell us what the health of your battery is. Share results, so we can continue to assist:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
albrightfamily
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue.bthe device health check says my battery is fine....

My phone turns off when the battery is between 49-60% full.

Happens every day. No warning.

Very frustrating.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Albrightfamily, I can certainly understand how it would be frustrating to lose power with so much battery reaming. We're here to help. Were you able to follow the troubleshooting steps provided here such as running the device health check? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/ Is your device experiencing any other issues? 

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
Thisguyhere99
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happens to me every mother fudging day!!!  Whether I am sitting in my truck, at work, or at the house.  Most irritating thing ever.  Then once I get the phone to come back on, I have had it last till 2% battery life with no problems.  But at 39%- 31% the phone thinks it is dead.

Thisguyhere99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea my charging port is shot, so I have to use wireless chargers all the time.  I bought a mousepad that has a wireless charger on it and I have to put my home wireless charger in my go bag for work or wherever I am going.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my device to work properly at all times and want to ensure you can rely on your device as well, Thisguyhere99. Let's take a closer look into what's going on with your phone powering down around 39%. When did this start? Has there been any damage to the phone? Are you using the charger that came with the phone?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Motomouf
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on a replacement phone. My 1st turbo lasted 3 years. Towards the end of that phones life it would power off with 45% or less showing on the indicator. I've had the replacement for a year now and it is doing the same thing. I like these phones because they are durable and allow me to do the things I need, but this battery issue is frustrating. I've asked others that use Samsung or LG among others if they have had issues like this. They have not!!!